Advice on new front door please!

carebear

Hi all,

We need a new front door and I'm not sure where to start! Have done some googling and a search on here but mostly finding recommendations on who NOT to use, which is of course useful but not getting me very far.

Would really appreciate any advice on where to start, how much I should expect to spend, process etc. (eg do we buy the door then get someone to fit it, or would the door people fit it?).

Thank you!

It depends how much you want to spend and if you are happy to and can use an off the shelf door. I looked into all this last year and in the end used a company called Voysey & Jones who I would highly recommend.

Their service was excellent, the door is really solid and fits perfectly. It was a fuss free experience. The cost was considerably more than using a joiner to fit an off the shelf number but much more affordable than The London Door Company who did not seem to be well recommended. Cost about ?1800 inc vat. Joiner quoted about ?700.

• 1 month later...
We just had a door fitted by Voysey and Jones and I have to say it was the worst experience's I have ever been through. I mean how much annoyance must one go through just to get a door that works. The quality and general feel is as cheap as B&Q and im in the process of getting a full refund to get my new door from somewhere else. Nick, you owe me.

Hi, there is also Howdens, who I used for a front door. The Builders who were refurbishing my place at the time, recommended Howdens to me. I found a door I really liked, very similar to the one I was looking at on the london door company website, and saved myself over ?600.00.

Edited for typo

Dear Indigosummer,

I am very sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the service and the quality of the front door that you have received from Voysey & Jones. I have checked all of the correspondence from our recent customers and spoken with all of our employees and we don't appear to have had any customers request a refund or report that they are unhappy with the quality of their door. I would therefore be very grateful if you would contact me directly on 020 8347 9041 so that I can assist you with this matter.

I would also like to assure you that Voysey & Jones do not use subcontractors and never have in the past, all of our employees our full time, permanent members staff. Furthermore, our doors are guaranteed for 5 years to provide our customers with piece of mind should they experience any issues with their front door. We are also more than happy to welcome customers to visit our showroom or workshop to see the quality of our front doors first hand.

Kind regards,

Nick Daulby

Voysey & Jones

• 5 months later...

Nick Daulby and Jennie Daulby and their several companies are fraudsters, just do a quick search on google and you will find he has stolen over ?300,000 worth of client deposits just from his last company along, Voysey and Jones. Also his carpenters and other people in the trade do not get paid.

These two people have a clear strategy for getting money quick and easy, every 2 or 3 years he setups a new joinery company, he will finish a few jobs to get a reputation and from there on they will just collect deposits with no intention of doing any work.

Stay well clear of these two people and whatever company they set up next, from a quick search in companies house they have already done so under:

59 BPR LTD

62 CAMDEN ROAD

LONDON

NW1 9DR

Company No. 08306274

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I had a Everest new front security front door after seeing there video and been so worried about security I went for it you can look on YouTube yes they are expensive but it is an investment to my property also they make them in there own factory to the exact size ( no fillers put in)

Our local consultant is a lovely gentleman you can call him direct he did not hassle me at all and had great service

Tony Yardley

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...