removal company recommendations and advice

Maxie

Hi, I am moving from East Dulwich to West Dulwich and I'm looking for any recommended removal companies. Also any advice on whether to have house packed and moved or just furniture moved, etc. Thanks in advance.

If you want it done properly, have the whole lot packed and moved. We moved less than a mile before Christmas but using a proper firm saved untold stress compared to our previous move. We used Harradines and couldn't recommend them enough.

Hello Maxie. Well, it depends on what kind of budget you have for your move. Naturally if you pack everything on your own and just call a man with a van you'd save some money. However I too recommend you hire a company which does packing and not just moving. They know what they're doing and have special boxes for items of all sizes. Plus they can pack your home a lot faster than you can. For my last move in Dulwich I called Best Move and they saved me a great deal of nerves by both packing and transporting all my belongings.

Good luck with your move!

I just moved using Superb Moves www.superb-moves.co.uk

Chris and the team did a great job from the initial visit to assess my move to delivering the final box.

The team arrived on time and worked tirelessly to pack all my belongings with great care and attention - there wasn't one broken glass or cracked plate which I'm sure wouldn't have been the case if I'd done it myself! Large pieces of furniture were wrapped and moved carefully, even taking a door off its hinges at one point to ensure nothing was scratched. Finally, they made the dis-assembly and reassembly of large wardrobes and beds look easy. Nothing was too much trouble, even moving heaving pieces of furniture between rooms as I changed my mind on where things should go.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Chris and the team at Superb Moves.

Best of luck with your move!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello Maxie,

Not sure if this is still relevant but we moved just before Christmas and went will Parkers Removals. They were friendly, polite and efficient. They provided an excellent service and even helped us to assemble some of our furniture. The number is 07415719824

• 6 months later...
You can surely find a company that could do the packing and moving of your furniture expertly and in a fast manner. Hence, it?s really a good idea to hire a removal company. I advise that you should get free removal quotes first before hiring one. This will help you locate a removal company UK that provides cheap but quality removal services.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I moved a couple of weeks ago between two houses in ED. I used Harradines - used their full packing service, disassembly and reassembly etc. totally worth out - no stress at all. They did everything. Affordable, professional and efficient. Very good service. Highly recommend.

Hi Willow,

We are a removal company based in East Dulwich. I would be happy to view your job, make an assessment and send you a quotation accordingly.

We are big enough to take on any job, and small enough to care how well it is completed.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss in more detail

Kind regards,

Oudam Singh

Director

Parkers Removal Services

0208 528 3788

07415 719 824

www.parkersremoval.com

[email protected]

• 1 month later...

Hi, I used VP removals (Vitek and Peter) after reading a good review about them on here... I got quotes from about 6 other companies and theirs was by far the cheapest, and they were very friendly.

They were very reliable and dead on time for coming round for the quotation, arriving for the packing (on the 15th December) and arriving for packing and transporting and unpacking, and reassembling wardrobes etc on the 16th...

I am pregnant and single and they worked solidly for around 18 hours on the 2 days without even stopping for lunch. They provided 2 vans and loaded the first one the day before....they were very honest and trustworthy and helped to ease the stress after nearly 20 years of living in London.

I would NOT hesitate in recommending them !

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have moved this week. I got several quotations - VP Removals were the cheapest so I chose them. My sofabed and bookcase were too big to go through the doorway so they removed the door, dismantled sofabed and bookcase and built them again in the flat then put the door back on. All done quickly and calmly and patiently. Extremely professional. They are also very friendly and made the whole moving process much more pleasant. I totally recommend them.

Annie

We used VP removals after recommendations on the forum and they were great and exactly as described, polite, effective, efficient and excellent value. I had to add to the job I'd described on the day, and the address we were dropping off at was down a much narrower lane than I had realised, and they were unphased by the changes or the challenging circumstances. Great chaps, would highly recommend.

• 4 weeks later...

We are just sitting in our new house after moving today and thanking Providence for VP Removals - they were AMAZING. Turned up bang on time. Found a parking space like magic. Calm, friendly and kind (I was a bit stressed and they made me feel so much better). Nice to the cats. Packed up 14 years of life with no fuss. All boxes clearly and helpfully labelled. Not a single breakage. Consistently nice, never even raised an eyebrow when I was overwhelmed and didn't know where things went. Everything transported to our new house in a twinkle of an eye, used their initiative and are possibly telepathic.

after they'd gone, we realised we didn't know where my partner's MacBook was. Panicked. Rang them just in case they knew...thought they would say "we packed over a hundred boxes for you today - we have no idea" - but Vitek rang back to say he remembered AND REMEMBERED which box it was! Astonishing.

Absolutely excellent service and very reasonably priced. We are very grateful.

• 5 months later...

A glowing recommendation for Chris with Superb Moves. I loved these guys. Chris was fantastic from the beginning, giving us a highly competitive estimate and was flexible with our timeline when our move date had to change. He and his team showed up promptly both days with smiles on their faces, ready to tackle anything. They never complained, they got on with the job and they moved everything in absolutely perfect condition. I would use them again in a heartbeat and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a trustworthy and hardworking team. Thank you, Chris!

http://www.superbmoves.co.uk

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...