Architect for small project?

I have a 2 bed flat needing remodelling..ie, knocking through a hallway to create a slighly larger kitchen and bathroom, plus needing a creative eye to make as much storage as possible.

I realise that this is small fry for an architect but I am hoping to have plans drawn up for me to give to a builder.

Could anyone direct me to a willing architect or technician or appropriate person who can work with me on this?

Keen to start asap so any advice hugely appreciated.

Thanks! Jacqui.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jacqui,

We are looking for an architect/technician to do some drawing for planning application, it is a small project, I guess similar to yours - 2 bed flat remodelling. Did you have any luck with your post? would you recommend anyone please?

Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes

Willy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Jess,

it's worth me pointing out that only one architect contacted me. I will pm you his details.

Maybe there are some out there who would like to set up smaller packages for those of us who have small projects?

After all, there are many flats in East Dulwich.

Good luck!

kind regards, Jacqui.

Hi Jacqui and all,

We are nimtim, Architect's based in Forest Hill. We carry out a half-day service, a 'pay as you go' Architectural service for clients' who have small projects or limited funds and might not require the full service of an Architect. This offers the client a chance to meet us, discuss the project, we then carry out a measured survey and give you hand drawn drawings showing our ideas, inital specification and any issues you may need to think about i.e Building Control/Planning Application if required. These drawings can be used to get an inital cost from a builder and a starting point with which they can build from. We can also reccomment local Structural Engineer's and Builders should you need. More can be seen on our website: http://www.nimtim.co.uk/home and we can show you projects on site and those completed.

Thanks, Nim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We are a young Architect practice who are based in South London. We've carried out a number or extensions (small and large) and you can have a look at some previous work on our website: www.nimtim.co.uk. There are a number of ways in which we work depending on how much involvement you want/need.

Good luck with your project,

Nimi Attanayake ARB RIBA

nimtim architects

e - [email protected]

m - 07539039455

t - 02077338761

w - www.nimtim.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have posted on the forum before but thought I might as well respond to this thread too. We are a young Architecture practice based in Forest Hill. We carry out projects of various sizes and there are a variety of ways in which we can work, depending on how much architect involvement you need/want. Some examples of our work can be seen on our website www.nimtim.co.uk. We can also recommend structural engineer's, party wall surveyors, building control approved inspectors, contractors etc. if needed. Happy to put you in touch with previous clients and arrange visits to see the work we carried out.

Good luck with all your building projects. It's a very exciting time.

Nimi

• 2 months later...

If it's a small project don't use an architect there's no need.

- Get a structural engineer in, they will produce a drawing for any structural works required.

- Plans requiring permission do not have to be produced by an architect as long as the planning department can understand them (they'll tell you if they can't).

- If you have decent builders and are in a position to keep an eye on progress, just do exactly that.

- if you absolutely must have professional drawings, employ a draftsman, they're much cheaper than an architect.

We've completed this whole process a couple of times. We've never used an architect and everything worked out exactly as planned.

• 3 weeks later...