Good local seamstress/tailor/alteration service recommendations

• 4 weeks later...
Just to add if anyone is looking for a good alterations service I used Friends of Fabric on Bellenden Road and they did a fantastic job with my dress. The price was extremely reasonable (after some very expensive quotes from other seamstresses!). I would highly recommend their service.

• 3 months later...

I asked Annie to take care of shortening a long gown I chose to wear for a wedding (as a guest). Not only did she manage to place me in her busy schedule to fit my tight deadline, she also came to my place for a first fitting to establish what I needed (making sure I was wearing the shoes I'll have at the wedding to amend the length of the skirt accordingly) and came back to my place after amending the dress for a second fitting to make sure everything was to my liking. And if that wasn't enough, she touched up a few sequins that were threatening to go.

The alteration was perfect, her attention to details exceeded my expectations, the service as well as the overall experience are very tailored and I find the service at home extremely practical... oh and my dress is ready just on time! No need to say I'm extremely happy and deeply grateful. For those who wonder, the quality / price is well balanced.

Apparently, as well as expensive gowns, she can take care of suits, trousers, curtains, cushions... Have a chat with her 07 956 527 824.