Daniel Art of Decorating - recommendation

Calsug

Just wanted to write a recommendation for Daniel from Art of Decorating, him and his team have done a great job with repainting our house and the finish is fantastic especially considering how bad the woodwork and plastering was to begin with.

Daniel was in contact with me throughout the 3 weeks they were there and would have a meeting with me every few days to discuss progress, problems and offer any suggestions. Every evening we came home to find all the paints, brushes etc? put away, dust sheets removed and the house swept and hoovered which really reduced the stress whilst the work was being done. We have already booked him in to do the wallpapering upstairs once the rooms are ready.

His number is - 07807236489

Calsug

Just seconding Calsug's recommendation. We found Daniel through previous recommendations on the forum so returning the favour. Great and knowledgeable guy with a great team, kept us fully informed along the way, was clean and tidy and did an excellent job transforming our exterior, hallway and bedroom. Could not recommend him enough and he has recently achieved the 'Which Trusted Trader' accolade too I believe.

I'd like to third the recommendation for Daniel and his team.

I had my flat totally repainted and new kitchen worktop fitted. Despite my tight deadlines nothing was any bother with them, I was kept informed of progress and I'm very happy with the result.

The team were very clean and tidy, and I know they pulled out the stops to hit the deadline which they did with a day to spare. Definitely recommended.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to very much not recommend Daniel. He was booked to decorate my downstairs rooms this week but didn't turn up on Monday and despite me leaving him a message, I had to call him a second time several hours after he didn't turn up, to find out what was going on. He said two of his painters were sick, which is fine of course but the fact that he didn't communicate with me is annoying. He then said they'd be here yesterday at 8am and they again didn't turn up and I've had no communication from Daniel at all about it. He appears to have vanished completely. I have my entire living area packed up and covered with dustsheets, ready to be decorated, and no chance of it being painted for a long time now until I find someone more reliable and trustworthy.

I feel a bit petty putting this on here but I think people need to know that his view of customer relations leaves a lot to be desired. I've not had a call to apologise or explain after two days, which is absolutely not the way to run a business.

Jane

Just to add to the above. I've now spoken to Daniel and he's explained that he's been under a lot of pressure this week with two people off sick. I'm sure that when he carries out the work, he does it to a good standard, judging by other reviews on here. Daniel assures me that this was an isolated incident and in future I'm sure he will be in contact with his customers in good time if things have to change at short notice.

Jane

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up on this, we had daniel back to do our wallpapering last week and once again he did a fantastic job. Room was left tidy and was finished to a very high standard.

He even spent some time to give me some painting tips and showed me how to fill/ seal a badly damaged wall and went out to buy the correct filler for me when he realised I didn't have the right stuff for the job.

Calsug

• 1 month later...
I'd also like to recommend Daniel and his team. We recently had our hallway, stairway and extension painted. The work was finished to a very high standard - we were really impressed. Will definitely be using his services again when we next need to decorate!

• 2 weeks later...
We would also highly recommend Daniel Decorating. They decorated our hallway and landing. Daniel listened carefully when he came round to quote and Terry who did the work was fantastic - really professional, trustworthy and friendly. We were very happy with all aspects of the job and they were reasonably priced.