French Cafe Bistrot on Forest Hill Road

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We have been going to the French caf? for breakfast and lunch for a number of years (the new caf? is the same as before just with a better layout)but tonight we went there for dinner for the first time.

They have a small menu but there is plenty of choice and because it is a small menu everything is done really well.

We had moules mariniere and steak frites. Both were great and the steak was cooked medium rare as ordered (a minor triumph for restaurants around here!!!) I have also had their burger for lunch and that is great too.

We also had crepes for dessert these were very yummy and we may just pop out for these as a treat in the future.

The atmosphere was really nice, a pleasant hubbub of friends having a good catch up without being loud (imagine the friendly atmosphere of the morning caf? converted into an evening restaurant vibe).

It is indeed BYOB at the moment. Even better!!

• 2 weeks later...

I will try to get a picture of the menu when I'm passing. Haven't eaten there yet but popped past on Friday hoping to get a table and they were full! It's a small menu, but everything sounds delicious.

Currently doing BYOB on Thursday, Friday and Saturday but the sign outside suggests they're also applying for an alcohol licence to serve wines throughout the week. Hope they get it - such a nice spot.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My wife and myself had a very nice evening in the French Cafe Bistrot the other night. We have been there on several occasions. The menu is small, but the food is excellent. They do have daily specials and this time I tried the Duck which was delicious.

Staff are very friendly and the bill was reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

I was here this morning.. My first visit since the move from down the road..

It's always such a pleasant experiance.. I love the outside seating at the new place ... a real Sun Trap..

I opted for the Portuguese Custard Tart (Sod the blood sugars) and a Pot of Tea..

The staff here are delightful. A cheerful 'HELLO..' as you walk in.

..and with the Sun shining, a real bonus.

DulwichFox