recomendations for landlords gas safety check?

pilsbury

I'm afraid you get what you pay for with www.landlord-certificates.co.uk they owe me a tidy sum and I am about to take them to take them to court. Just seeing through the notice period. It will be a formality.

Hi Pilsbury

Sorry that you found our service expensive last time round. We continually monitor the market to make sure we are offering our customers good value for the service we provide. Our price of ?60 + VAT includes up to two appliances and reflects the amount of time we spend making sure that everything is tested vigorously so that landlords can have peace of mind that their tenants are safe with the appliances installed at their properties.

I think Gadge makes a good point, a dramatically reduced rate will normally just mean a reduction in the amount of time the engineer spends at the property which is when things can be possibly overlooked or missed.

Hope this helps to clarify our charges,

Kind regards

John

• 1 year later...

It seems there are a lot of guys offering gas certificates for unrealistically low prices (?30-?40). As a gas safe registered business myself I would think that in London around ?50+Vat would be a minimum rate that makes sense for a self employed guys to do a thorough inspection provided it is done locally to the business.

I try to keep my prices reasonable so if anyone is interested in gas services please get in touch. My web site is

landlord gas safety inspections

I am a landlord and anywhere around ?70 quid seems to be the going rate if you want someone reputable. I think the least I have paid is ?60-something. British Gas engineers also charge slightly over ?70 unless you hold a home care agreement with them.

We've used JA Powers and found them reliable and helpful in that you receive a soft copy of the certificate via email.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...