HELP mobile mechanic

Hello I need some help my cars battery appears to have given up on life (needed a jump yesterday evening and planned on taking it to halfords today to get a new one) won't even start this morning with a jump :( my breakdown cover only comes into action a 1/4mile away from home so not sure what to do here! (Only passed my test a couple of months ago) so any recommendations for someone who can come here or am I pushing it down crystal palace road ;)

Don Simpson is excellent.

020 8299 7387

Sorry, I don't have a mobile number for him.

ETA: I don't know what rescue service you are with, but I'm with Britannia Rescue and pay a bit extra for HomeStart (or whatever they call it) and have found it well worth it and saves a lot of aggro, eg they came out when all my indicators failed (I drove the car home with hand signals lol) and fixed the fault (fuse gone).

• 1 month later...

Hi

Unfortunately I don't have any direct experience of mobile mechanics.

If you're sure it's the battery then the AA or RAC will mbring thr battery to you and fit it (which is not complicated) for the cost of the battery + 35 quid or so. Alternatively you could just take a bus or cab to halfords, bring it back and fit it yourself.