New Ice cream shop on east dulwich road

Calsug

Sorry if this place has already been mentioned but I went there for the first time today...

Well tried to but just missed it as they were closing, the owner though very kindly offered me a free sample to apologise and I have to say it was delicious! Far nicer and creamier than oddonos and the selection looked fantastic

Will certainly be going back during opening hours. Apparently they do ice cream in a brioche bun for breakfast which sounds amazing!

Calsug

From what the owner was saying they are slowly extending the opening hours, seems like an odd strategy but that is how they are doing it! Was certainly open when I went there at 3pm today but don't think they are staying open very late at the moment.

Doesn't exactly encourage custom if potential punters have no idea when they set out whether they will be able to get an ice cream or not!!!

Do they have a notice on their door saying what their current hours are?

Sue - no they don't! And without a website it's pretty hard to tell when they intend to be open in the first place- twice I have set off from home on a sunny afternoon specifically to get an ice cream from them(I only live 10 mins away ) and twice they have been shut - very lazy of me but makes me a lot less likely to pop down in the future... Which is a shame because I really enjoy their ice cream- delicious and great value.

KrackersMaracas Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue - no they don't! And without a website it's

> pretty hard to tell when they intend to be open in

> the first place- twice I have set off from home on

> a sunny afternoon specifically to get an ice cream

> from them(I only live 10 mins away ) and twice

> they have been shut - very lazy of me but makes me

> a lot less likely to pop down in the future...

> Which is a shame because I really enjoy their ice

> cream- delicious and great value.

I haven't even had the chance to try it yet!!!

But I won't be making a special trip down there again until they have regular and publicised opening hours - will just have to hope that they're open when I'm passing and in the mood for an ice cream :))

Seems very odd place - we went to get ice-cream based on recommendations on here, but they only have ice-cream in cardboard pots rather than cones (love a cone) and also don't accept cards, only cash.

Frustrates me when a business opens but isn't really geared up for customers?

I've been and the ice cream was delicious. But we also wanted it with a cone. There was also no price list and the lady behind the counter had to explain how it all worked. Whilst I was there I saw two customers walk in, look a bit confused and then walk out. I persevered and it was worth it but they do need to make it a bit easier for customers.

I agree. This place is a bit odd- tried twice to buy an ice cream. First time 3 staff were attending to one customer whilst I waited (and left), second time I was only allowed to buy 3 scoops. I wasn't allowed to have one or two scoops, or if I did I'd have to pay for the price of three. There is no price list and no menu of flavours.

Based on my experience, I'm really not sure what the confusion is.

On Sunday I was greeted by a very friendly and cheerful guy and girl. All the flavours were displayed Oddono's-style by their respective tubs. Those that were unfamiliar to me were explained with a smile, as was the pricing structure. I chose the smallest tub size which, as MissDumpling has previously posted, is currently priced at ?2.50. You can choose up to three different flavours for this size of tub. You can have one big scoop if you like. Or two smaller scoops. Or three little ones.

I thought it was excellent.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Fox, we've had loads of sun this Summer :))

>

> Amazing how quickly people forget.

What.. Its one of the wettest summers ever..

Britain was lashed with more rain today with July now predicted to be the wettest on record.

Bookies have suspended betting on July 2015 seeing the most rain ever as the downpours brought

down a month's rain in one day

High street stores suffer worst summer for six years |

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/aug/07/high-street-stores-suffer-worst-summer-for-six-years

we have had a few odd sunny days.. but its been diabolical..

DulwichFox..