Bricky/Builder to rebuild front garden wall

pandb

Following recommendations I read on this Forum, I invited Kevin of Y and J builders to come and do work on a damaged patio and to also build decking. Following instructions, they did a fantastic job. The workers were promptly at the door at 8 am and cleared up when they left. The work was completed to an excellent standard and I am happy to recommend Y and J. Their number is 07581166046

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i recently had Kevin and Y and J builders in to do some work i found them reliable and polite,hard working and finished on time .ive used kevin ...y and j builders a few times now and they have always done good work ,also they cleaned up there mess had no problems and would defoe have them in again .ive meet all the work guys all very respectful and polite never had any issues with none of them .i dont agree with the comment from above..

hi my name is kevin from yandjbuilders,ive decided to sign up to the forum because of certain stuff that has come to my attention,yesterday i went for a viewing to a client house and she showed me this page on the forum after reading it i was shocked,upset and very angry by what i read on there to be honest im still upset and yes im a grown man but i broke down infront of this client,we have never done any work for xenia at all we was called by emma who is the owner of the house and ask to do some work in the kitchen and bathroom and bedrooms and replace sash windows etc xenia is one of tenant in the house.we cleaned the kitchen hallway bathroom after we was done i personally went to one of the other tenant and ask does he have a mop so we can sweep but also mop the place being its a rented house he said yes and gave ME the mop i mop the bathroom kitchen and hallway i even offered to pay 40pound to the cleaner the other tenants said dont cause we have cleaned and we do that every time before we live,Now xenia accused one of my workers for saying stuff to her friend when she emailed me aboput it i spoke to him the next day and ask him whats all that about this i also ask the housemate who was there and he said the guy never spoke to her friend he was in the kitchen working so i found it strange,this worker doesnt speak english properly he can barely say three words in english and we know because of that he doesnt speak to anyone only to us he has worked with loads of wemen clients and he has never spoken a word to them he is very quiet the only people he speaks to is his wife and kids and this is the honest truth i swear this on my dead granddads grave who died of cancer.this guy has never spoken to xenia nor to any of the tenants in the house the tenants always ask me why doesnt he talk much and i have always said he doesnt understand you so he choose to stay and keep to his self which is true she also accused him of showing her friend naked pictures i can say he doesnt have naked picture his phone he always show us pictures in his phone of his kids and wife more of his wife,this guy is a family man i looked at the client with my head down what hurt the most is what she said on this guy even the client told me dont tell him cause this is just horrible.this are lies and some clients have said i should tell him top be honest i dont know what to do,she also said im racist my god why should i be racist,this is what we spoke about on that day if im in the wrong please say i have no reason to lie we was talking about the bombing in brussel she said they should still let everyone in regardless of what happened i said no not everyone cause themn hoe do we stop the bombings she said so what should they do i said they should open a free zone where they can go and the get protected by the west with military and then they can get them vetted properly so we know who we are taking thats what i said im not racist seeing we work with every differnt cultured background she said im not reliable well there is clearly hatred cause after we finish working one of the other tenants ask me to drill him holes so he can hang a shelf i said okay he gave me his drill which was a household drill and wasnt powerful enough i told him il bring mine anytime im in the area note we are not getting paid to do so he just ask for help i had carla an other tenants number she was forwarding our messages to all the house tenants to know who is in so they can open if she is not in.now all im coming to do is put 4 holes which takes me 2 minites to do so so there was loads of cancellations not just by be but by carla so the messages xenia posted on there has nothing to do with our work at all as you can see those are messages i sent carla to cancel when i had to take my nan out to places one of those places was to the cemetery i will not live my grand hanging when all im coming to do is to put a hole in which carla and i agreed on another date once i told her cause khalid said come when ever i want cause its not part of your job and we are not in any rush and your not getting paid for it so yesterday i went there and drill the holes before i was told of this by the client khalid and the other tenants has agreed to clear all of this cause they was shocked to even hear it just as i was ill be honest we have lost work cause of those rumors and thank god that client showed me this and was willing to hear my side so thank you very much from the bottom of my heart and i realise some clients posted not agreeing with the above thank you also means alot if you need further info on this matter please feel free to contact me i havent hide my email so please email and if anyone wants those other tenants to clear they are willing and has ask me to forward their details to anyone cause they have apologized about what was said il like the to come out so the house address is 42 hill court road.we are reliable we do refurb works mostly victirian and extentions etc as i told khalid when he ask for my help we are busy so i might change the time and has always said feel free to swing by when i like do my work first which is my paid jobs he is willing to speak out about it cause xenia comments are lies but we are thinking of taking it further cause thats disgusting and horrible to do.

RIGHTY contacted us to come repair a wall her name is jo by the way she reverse into the wall and ask us to repair the wall when we went there on the day we run a line and sow the wall isnt straight i told the neighbour that this needs to start from the ground up cause we wont beable to get the wall straight if we have to build it on the current wall thats there not only that we also sow the wall pillar also wasnt straight the gate also was cut so i ask the neightbour whats going on cause the wall look like it has been repaired awhile back he said yea the council rubbish truck also reverse into it ask him so who rebuild the wall he said the council we told him well the council didnt repair the wall good enough cause its not straight we,i repeatedly said to them the wall isnt going to look good if we do not start from the ground up we spoke to her she said she isnt paying for it only paying to repair the wall i said okay but please you do know its not going to look good,she just said she aint paying for anything just the repair,we build the pillar first we had no choice but to bend the wall to fit the gate which is what the council did so she said put it straight i said we can but if we do it will not correspond with the gate so we took the wall pillar down and rebuild it straight and we build the wall the wall is not straight cause she doesnt want to start from the ground up so we end up having to build on a bad foundation this was the most stress full small job i have ever came across no1 was listening as much as we tried they just wanted it to be build on the bad foundation when it came to put the gate just as we said the gate wont fit in right it never did im going to be honest i was so stress out by what i was seeing and hearing i just told the workers fit the gate regardless so we can quickly run away as fast as we could,she came sow it we exchange words on the gate and the screws that was put in the gate is just not the best the council cut gate to fit their not so straight wall so now we put it straight theres noway that gate will go in there so when i left i told the neighbour in person the gate will come out again cause it needs proper repair due to the way the council cut it so im gonna go cause i cant stay here any longer but please call me as soon as it comes down and il send my welding company to do it free of charge but we need to go cause its emotional draining me out cause we are being blamed cause she wont listen to us at all the other workers even went as far as saying she is tring to get you to repair the wall out of your own pocket to be honest i just wanted to get out of there thats the honest truth we have build many walls and never have we hjad any issues but my grand dad always say there are million of people on earth cant polease every body in life you will get problems its how we deal with it that makes us human ive went to the neighbour after the gate fell as we said it would and will get him a new gate or weld it in for free

im not a bad person on here as anyone can see we have loads of good comments about us i have even stop taking any small jobs due to this its not worth it its not worth losing your business over a job which is small specially when the clients wont listen that has tought me many things like next time just walk away but im not a bad guy but i habe learnt.i was adviced by clients to sign into the forum create an account which il be honest i had help by some clients to set it up cause i didnt know how to get into it so thanks to all who gave me the advice i needed to set this up.please contact me if need to speak to those tenants base on what xenia said cause those are lies the other tenants are willing to talk on this matter,one of the tenants named khalid has ask me to please put his contacts on here if anyone wants to speak about it 07788116210.

• 5 weeks later...

I am appalled at the comments Kevin and his team has received on here. Appalled. Kevin used to be a neighbour of ours and he has done work in one way or another for most of the people I know on Ivydale Road. Never have I heard a bad word said about him as a person or his work. To say that someone would feel threatened by him or his team is outrageous! I have known them for years (10+) and have never ever heard such a thing, it is absurd.

To the contrary, Kevin is the kind of guy you would give your keys too when you go on holiday and then not spend a second worrying about your home. He is a decent, genuine guy in every sense. As a woman I would feel reassured rather than threatened and I would even be more than comfortable to leave mu

Child with him. Please do not listen to these stupid allegations.

Kev, I am so sorry you were treated in such an undeserving manner, we will be in touch soon regarding the wall you recently quoted us for. All the best!

• 3 months later...
Wanted to add to the positive reviews for Kevin of Y & J Builders. Following recommendations on this thread invited Kevin earlier this year to erect a back garden fence on a slight slope, build a small wall to support the fence and build up an existing raised bed in the same area. The area was rather over-run with long-rooted shrubs but Kevin and his colleague worked diligently to clear the existing (and unwanted shrubs) and build a very sturdy fence and raised bed. More recently invited him to replace a very old and poorly installed kitchen door and window, and although on this occasion he was busy with a big build, he brought a colleague from another firm - Anthony of Balance Building Services - to co-manage the project at a very reasonable cost. Kevin stayed in touch and came over to check that all was well. He might take a while with paperwork-related aspects but the work is sound and that's the main thing. Trustworthy too.