Alterations and Sewing Service Offered!

jo1973

Hi everyone,

I live locally and just wanted to offer my services as a seamstress and alterations to clothes and soft furnishings.

I have 7 years of training and have over 30 years of sewing under my belt.

So if you need cushions crafting, a dress darned or trousers turned up, I'm your woman!

Please contact me if you'd like a quote.

Email: [email protected]

Call or text: 07950835501

• 4 months later...

stefarron Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi there,

>

> just came across your msg on the forum..

>

> How much do you charge to take up a pair of

> trousers?

>

> Thanks,

>

> Stef

Hi Stef,

Pretty sure you're the same lady who has contacted me by text so hopefully I'll see you this weekend!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fluffy is THE BEST.

She helped me out with some fabric folders I needed for my art portfolio and she was amazing. We managed everything through correspondence and she understood everything so clearly and quickly and the end result was perfect and really tied my presentation together.

I would 100% recommend her :)

Thanks Jo!

Clare X

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Jo is fantastic, I cannot recommend her enough! She's lovely to contact for a quote/arrange appointments with and had the job finished well before I expected it.

She went above to alter my dress even though it was more complicated than she originally quoted due to a tulle attachment, I could tell she really cares about finishing a job perfectly to match her high standards!

Highly recommend, thanks again Jo!

Hannah

• 3 weeks later...

Very happy to recommend Jo - she altered a skirt for me at a very reasonable cost, did a great job and stuck to the agreed price even though it ended up being more work than either of us had envisaged (the elastic had been sewn into the waistband so she had to unpick it and remake the whole skirt!).

Lovely lady - she also makes hand-made homewares in vintage material (cushions, aprons and oven gloves) for her own label: http://myfoolishheart.bigcartel.com

• 1 month later...

Hi Jo,

I have two bridesmaid dresses that need altering. One needs a couple of darts in the boobs, the other needs shortening and the bodice taken in. Once is lace and the other is a very delicate material (not sure what but it's this dress- http://www.marklesley.info/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/001273.7.1667523306514476543).

What would you roughly charge for these kinds of alterations? Are we able to come you or you to us for a fitting? We're a bit restricted to evenings and weekends I'm afraid.

Many thanks,

Danielle

Hi Jo,

I have a similar request to Danielle. A bridesmaid dress that length needs taking up and taken in around the boobs. I think the dress is chiffon material so very delicate. I can send you a pic of this is something you think you could help with? Please let me know approx costs and where you are based.

Many thanks

Kelly

I've had a fantastic alterations experience with Jo. I found her on this forum and asked her to alter 5 bridesmaid dresses and a pair of suit trousers - each one had slightly different instructions - both shortening (2 layers) and taking in requirements. Jo was very flexible with me - I was able to fit pick-up & drop off timings around my availability and the dresses were all done exactly to requirements and to a very high standard. The price of the alterations were very reasonable and I really enjoyed my visits to Jo's house when things had started to get busy organising the wedding. Highly recommend Jo's services & have already done so!

Thanks Jo,

Louisa

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of approval for Jo. She recently altered two dresses for me and proved an excellent seamstress and very receptive to my ideas for alterations. She's a fast worker and her prices reasonable. I highly recommend her and will definitely use her services again.

Vicki

• 1 month later...

I'd like to add another glowing report to the multitude already on here. Over this very busy summer, I've had three bridesmaids dresses altered (all for different weddings), all double layered in delicate fabrics and one altered in the bodice. Jo was such a pleasure to work with, a really lovely lady. She totally understood what I needed each time, one quick measure and the dresses were perfect. She has been very flexible at fitting me in and nothing is too much trouble.

An amazing local find and not expensive for the work involved, I will be back!

Thanks Jo!

Charlotte

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to add another recommendation for the lovely Jo. I had skirt I'd inherited from my nan where I liked the fabric but it was a funny shape - she took it in to be more modern and wearable and it looks even better than I'd hoped for. She also shortened a dress for me which also looks great. I thought the price was v reasonable and she did it really quickly.

Cheers Jo!

• 2 weeks later...
I would also like to recommend Jo. She's made cushion covers for us and they are beautiful. The fabric was a bit pricey and with a busy pattern. Jo matched the pattern perfectly across the cushions with very little wastage. We have asked her to work on a second project for us too (likely others to follow).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I'd like to fully recommend Jo for her extremely skilled alterations! She did an amazing job on a bridesmaid's dress that I've been forced to wear for my cousin's wedding. The dress was originally very tight and very clingy and completely unflattering and Jo transformed it into a flowy, A line style which is now comfortable and totally wearable for the day. I cannot recommend her enough! She is extremely pleasant to work with, very reasonably priced and a true professional who knows exactly what her clients want. Will most definitely be using Jo again!

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to re-ignite this thread with another glowing review of Jo! I found her due to this forum, so thank you EDF :) Jo managed to do an amazing job fitting a pair of shorts and a dress to my troublesome body! I'm particularly impressed because she introduced seams to give the dress shape, and took my desire to have it as fitted as possible with a pinch of salt! If I had it my way, I probably wouldn't have been able to breathe in the clothes she altered, and hence would not be wearing them as much as I am now.

She was also amazing at working around a difficult work schedule, and it's great to have someone so nearby to be able to go to. She's also a lovely lady to talk to and chatting to her has made me revisit my own sewing box too.

Would definitely recommend anyone wanting anything tailored or made from scratch to reach out to her!

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to update this thread once again with a recommendation for Jo's services. She adjusted two dresses for me for my wedding, for a very reasonable price and with a quick turnaround. They both now fit just as I want them to so I can relax and tick that task off my wedding to-do list! She was flexible on meeting times, and communication was easy. And she was very nice too!

Great to have found a locally based tailor for alterations in the future!

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to apologise to potential and existing customers that have recently contacted me about work for my lateness or absence in getting back to them: I've just had my father pass away suddenly and then am having to move home all within the space of a couple of weeks so this has understandably put my sewing work on the back burner,but I will be back up and running over the next week or two. Huge apologies to those who need help and I will try and contact you and arrange dates if you need urgent work doing. Thank you for your understanding!

Jo x