Recommended landscaper - Tony Pooley

just_browsing

If anyone is on the look out for a fantastic garden landscaper / landscape gardener (I've seen others use the latter term) I can hugely recommend Tony Pooley. I know he's been recommended before, but people can slip off the radar / get a bigger business and let things slipon the personal touch, so I wanted to reinforce previous messages from others.

I should first add that it takes a great deal for us to be impressed by and to recommend a tradesperson, and Tony is one of the two "keepers" that we know (the other being Stuart Watkinson - Streamline plumbing).

Tony designed and landscaped a new garden for us a couple of years ago and it still looks fantastic, and he has recently down another piece of external work for us on our flank wall.

Reasons why we've been impressed:

- Imaginative - when we did our garden we had the loosest of ideas but it was Tony's thinking, experience and imaginative that turned some scribbles into something sensible, workable and excellent - his advice on, eg. proportions between patio and grass space, depth of beds, drainage, types of flagstones, fences, gradients etc was invaluable

- Hard-working - he and the team work hard, throughout the day, and get the job done at pace;

- Tidy - this really matters, and Tony and the team are really considerate, and put in the effort to clean after themselves;

- Honest - both Tony and his guys have always been honest, be it from looking after keys to giving us recepits for all the materials. Tony has a strong team, members of whom he has known going back to school days;

- Good value - our sense (and on the last job we just went to Tony because, well, we trust him)

- Present - this may sound obvious, but Tony will be on the job and doing the work himself most of the time, and always available. He doesn't outsource to others and basically disappear, which we've had with builders.

So, all in all, highly recommended.

His email is [email protected] and number is 07931549144.

And no, I am not myself Tony, or in Tony's team, or Tony's family..etc..

Feel free to direct message me for photos.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hi there, I can also wholeheartedly recommend Tony and his team. They were efficient (finished a day early), managed some unanticipated problems without kicking up a fuss and absorbed some extra costs for it. Tony understood what I was asking for, gave his professional advice on best practice in terms of drainage and how to do work that we could build on. Really good result!

• 4 months later...

If this is the same guy I'm thinking of who drives a little silver van

He also dumps boxes outside people's houses

So if your reading this tony,

Come and remove the box you left outside my house

From the new petrol lawnmower you brought

Or I will have no other alternative to report you to council

for illegal dumping of rubbish

I wouldn't have minded even if you was to put the box in my blue bin but to leave it the side of my house

That's wrong

Please remove it

As I have pics to prove it was you with vehicle reg also

KR

Tony just finished our garden and I would thoroughly recommend him. Takes a little while with communications but he did a really good job and was always responsive to texts/emails during the job. Also, I believe Tony drives a white van and it isn't particularly little

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I would like to recommend Tony Pooley and his team. They recently completed a total overhaul of my garden and did an excellent job. He worked within my budget and had lots of suggestions on where I could compromise and save money and offered excellent advice on the design of my garden. He is very easy to work with and to have around and really competitively priced.

Another recommendation for Tony Pooley and his team. He spent time with us at the beginning, talking through different ideas for our garden, and the finished product looks great. As well as being competitively priced, they were polite, did the work as promised, and were just generally nice guys to have around.

[email protected]

• 2 months later...

Quick post here to say Tony Pooley and his team did an excellent job for us this summer.

Tony installed decking and artificial grass perfectly in our garden to make a very smart, design-conscious space. We were especially impressed with Tony's attention to detail in building the decking and laying the grass - this made a real difference to the end result and we now have a very high quality space. The decking looks superb and the grass is very high-quality and a perfect fit. If you are looking at artificial grass we'd also recommend getting underlay as it makes it very soft and bouncy for young children.

We would highly recommend Tony and would definitely use his services again.