Piano lessons - from 3 years old

pianonat

Hello

I'm a piano teacher based in Nunhead, and I have some slots available on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.

I teach adults and children, from 3 upwards.

My youngest students are taught using the Suzuki method, which focuses on training the ear first before learning to read music, (referred to in Suzuki-speak as the mother tongue approach - the same way a child would learn to speak first before learning to read - My young Suzuki students learn the geography of the keyboard and develop musicality before learning to read music) starting out with rhythm and listening and musicality work first, and gradually building up time spent on the piano (for the really little ones).

The Suzuki method also has an important group component, which gets the kids accustomed to playing with and for others from early on.

Lessons for the youngest kids can also be shared with another child of the same age if they're not yet ready for an individual half hour long lesson. I'm very adaptable in my teaching, and patient, and I cater to what the child needs to get them started on their musical journey. Please contact me directly if you'd like to discuss further. My mobile is 07730 402336 and email [email protected]

As well as my young Suzuki students, I also teach traditionally - for older kids and adults.

All the best,

Natalie.