Banned from Andersons for complaining

char1i3

Andersons on Bellenden Road. Lovely little place for food and a coffee. But after some crappy service in there recently I had a word with the owner Lisa who obviously didn't take kindly to my criticism. Next time I popped in for a loaf of bread she took me outside, told me that I had been constantly complaining about the place and had upset her staff. I am now banned!

I had a think about it then remembered the time two weeks before when I had to wait 45 mins for some eggs on toast, and her waiter tried to do me a favour by letting me jump the coffee queue. She was not happy about this and told me that he was wrong to do this. I said I thought he was right.

Lisa seems the sort of person who would raise merry hell if she was kept waiting in a restaurant for 45 minutes but banned me for disagreeing with her after I was kept waiting in her place.

I emailed her to say she was out of order. No response apart from "will get back to you tomorrow...."

will get back to you tomorrow....

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 8:33 PM

To: lisa anderson

Subject: Re: Explanation please

No thanks. Email works well though.

Charles

On 26 Oct 2015 15:43, lisa anderson wrote:

i have a whole response but, better, why don't we discuss in person? if yes, let me know a convenient time...

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 1:11 PM

To: lisa anderson

Subject: Fwd: Explanation please

Ah, I think I know what has upset you. My memory isn't that good but I remembered today the last time I was in, we had a big delay on the food. When the food finally arrived I asked your new waiter if we could order drinks at the table. He said no but said don't worry, I could jump the queue for ordering tea and coffee. Thanks I said but when I got to the queue you insisted I had to wait. I told you that the waiter had told me I could order quickly so my food didn't get cold, and you snapped at me and said he was new - as if he had made a mistake trying to remedy a problem.

I remember now. Well shame on you Lisa for banning me for whatever comment I made. Six of us had to wait 45 mins for food, your waiter was good enough to try to help out but you were inflexible and angry.

Am I right in thinking that you found a friend of mine to discuss this with before you spoke to me? And then you tell me that I have been constantly complaining about your service and rude to your staff?

Before I take to social media I'll wait for you respond.

Charles

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: 26 Oct 2015 09:42

Subject: Explanation please

To: [email protected]

Cc:

Slightly embarrassing to be banned by you from your establishment this morning but keen to work out what I have done to upset your staff and the nature of my constant complaining.

Last time I was in I had a friendly chat to the person serving me, the time before that we sat in the back and had a good breakfast which took a long time to come out. I may have mentioned something but I didn't "complain" or upset your staff.

I'm not sure how you know my name so could you please let me know: what constant complaining I have done, when I have upset your staff and how, and how you know my name please?

Getting banned from a local business is a first and obviously if I have done something wrong and I will apologise.

I was upset by your confrontational approach this morning and I could clearly see you were angry. Until I understand what I have done this seems very unfair.

Charles