Hammam spa

Maggie1

Wow! Just walked up forest hill rd & saw Hammam spa!?! It has just appeared there i asked one of the girls if i could have a tour she was lovely & happy to shoe me around & its amazing inside, steam room, jacuzzi relaxation room the lot!!! Ive been to a Hammam in Morocco on my holiday but no need to go to morocco anymore as this is right on my door step!!!! Im sooo excited for it to be open the girl said there hoping to be open by the end of the week.....so i know what my plans for the weekend will be!!!!! Anyone who has never had one i totally recommend a hammam my skin looked an felt amazing after i had this done they massage & scrub all ur dead skin off an u come out totally refreshed n relaxed.

The hammam is open to men and women unisex, there are lady only times i think the girl said 10-3pm but not sure what days or if she said everyday?!? An its huge on the inside i was shocked! Pop up there an check it out for urself is my best advice ive booked me an my sister in for the weekend an can not wait!!!!

Maggie, this is indeed good news! Do you have a phone number that we can contact them on to ask about opening times etc? I will try and swing by myself and if I find out anymore details that will update, or perhaps you could tell them to post some information about this on this thread or whats happening ......

Hi Hazel. I popped in last night and asked for a flyer, but they were still waiting on the printers. Their number is 0203 489 7474.

I couldn't get a tour because they had opened and had people inside, but was able to see a lovely little tea room at the front for relaxing in afterwards. Looks fab, can't wait to try it!

B

Thanks for the number B&G - I just gave them a call and booked myself in!

They have here packages 1) Bronze - one hour 2) Silver 90 mins - ?95 and Gold - 2 hrs ?150

It includes mask and body mask, jacuzzi, steam room. body massage .... the gold package includes a blow dry .... this is the shortened version of what I was listening to on the phone, so don't go exactly on this, but should give anyone interested an idea of prices / treatments .....

missyelliot .... will look up Pasha as well .... thanks for that

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I went together this morning. We were the only people there. It lasted about an hour and a half and we paid about ?70 each I think (husband paid). It was really good. I think it would be fine to go alone. Staff were friendly and professional, made it all quite easy and straightforward. I have never been cleaner in my life.

I went alone last week and it was fine. Not weird at all. They are all very professional. I was actually the only one there. I would definitely recommend it. I did the silver package which they had on promotion that day for the price of the bronze for new customers

I went with my sister & we loved it had a great couple of hours relaxing, i agree staff very professional & we felt very comfortable the whole time....the foam massage was amazing & the body peel left our skin glowing (we was going on holiday the nxt day so was perfect!) im so happy this is on my door step & ive already booked in again this wknd to try there aqua massage...im hooked!!!! Lol maggie x

I have been to many Hammams in Turkey and Its normally 20/30 people in hot rooms getting scrubbed down but this hammam feels much more luxurious!! The staff are friendly and made me feel so comfortable as I went on my own. I also had the silver package as it was on promotion and there was only one other there. They have different times for females so I went in the morning. They clean you from head to toe!! My hair feels so soft as they washed and put a mask on and I had it blow dried next door. The jacuzzi felt like heaven I could of easily stayed there for hours! This is by far the best hammam I've been to, I highly recommend it to everyone in East dulwich!! It's a real gem

Hi LouLou - I don't have a door number but if you're looking to find it on Google maps, it's immediately opposite the Honor Oak Baptist Church (corner of Marmoria and Forest Hill Road).

In fact, if you Google it you can do a Google 'look inside' and take a virtual tour. Beautiful!

I really liked the idea of it but it sounds really expensive! Surely its much cheaper to just visit a Turkish bath like the one at Porchester Baths in Bayswater where from memory there was no time limit.

Or am I missing something here?

I love to support local buisinesses but ?95 for 90mins (plus tip I assume )sounds like a lot of money!