New fencing service (contains fake recommendation)

Sefencingco1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Clare@linear also has posted with Guy's contact number. I wish I had checked more thoroughly before accepting this recommendation, which induced me to engage Guy.

People will be unsurprised to know that I do not recommend Guy, and ended up having to take legal action against him. I was very disappointed by his conduct. I was contacted by other forum members who had similar experiences to me as well.

Guy also posts on here as @themarketguy. I have not used his market buying services so can't comment on them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I haven't had an awful experience with this builder because I haven't used him but I have had terrible experiences with a number of tradesmen. I've made an appointment with my MP because I'm sick of being conned, threatened and abused. I also own buy to let property so I have had more than my fair share of incompetent tradesman. I could live for a year on the money I've given these guys only to have to pay out all over again or just forget about improving my property.

I'm going to discuss poor workmanship with my MP including threats, incompetence, dangerous structures the list is endless. I'm not sure what will come out of the meeting but I'll be discussing a central register for tradespeople with an accreditation process. Also tighten up on tradespeople hiding behind mailing addresses and company dissolution only to start again the next day with a clean slate.

I don't think trading standards does a good enough job to protect the homeowner and with the time, effort and cost involved in taking a tradesman to court it can end up just not worth it. The tradesperson knows this and that's why they continue to trade abysmally for years.

I'd be really grateful if you'd email me with a short summary of the problems you've experienced so that I can use the information in my meeting with my MP. I won't mention any names - either yours or the builders.

my email address is [email protected]

Thanks

Tracey

• 2 years later...