Recommendation for Dave Jones, Painter/Decorater

Shilbrose

We just had Dave Jones decorate our hall, landing, stairs and two bedrooms. He did an exceptional job, was flexible around our timing needs, was careful around Victorian features that we wanted preserved and stuck to his quote (despite us asking a few extra things of him). He was professional, clearly very competent, took time to understand what we wanted to get out of the decorating, and I was more than happy to trust him in our house. Only wish I'd found him earlier as we don't need any more work done!

Dave Jones: 07788122344

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for your wonderful recommendation. It was a pleasure working for you and I'm so pleased you are happy with the work. Happy new year and I'd like to wish you the best of luck with your plans in the coming year.

Dave Jones

07788 122 344

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
I can highly recommend Dave too, he just did a great job on my flat repairing woodwork and damp walls in the bathroom, skimming and repainting walls and ceiling plus re-sealing kitchen sink. He came up with good solutions to repair some quite bad damp, preferring to repair than replace. The standard of his work is top quality, he's really friendly and a great communicator. Plus he quoted and completed the job within a week! He'll be my first choice for handyman then next time I need work doing.

• 7 months later...
Dave Jones did a great job painting my two bedroom flat - he stuck to budget and timeline, and produced a very high quality finish throughout. I have already recommended him to friends and would certainly have him back for any further handyman or decorating jobs that I need done in the future.

• 1 month later...
Just had Dave decorate my master bedroom. I have used him a few times before as he does a fantastic job for a fair price and sticks to timescales. He is trustworthy and very tidy! It's very rare to get someone who pays so much attention to their work and I would highly recommend Dave to anyone in the future. I will be using him again when we get round to decorating the rest of the home.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Dave has just finished decorating our living room, hall stairs and landing and two bedrooms. He did an absolutely fantastic job - quick, neat and a lovely finish. He was incredibly helpful in moving our furniture around and putting things back again and was always on hand with helpful suggestions and tips. Can't recommend Dave highly enough.

• 8 months later...
I can also highly recommend Dave. He works very hard, takes a lot of care and is great at keeping in touch as the job progresses (eg when we were away while he was working in our house). He?s recently painted external masonry and window sills for us and a garden fence. Previously he?s painted most of he house including bathroom and hallway and he?s done a range of handyman jobs too: putting up curtain rails, blocking up draughty gaps behind cupboards, making doors close properly. All really good work. We?ll definitely ask him to do work for us again.

• 2 months later...

Dave Jones has done two pieces of work for us - repairing and repainting a water damaged ceiling and more recently an overhaul of a dozen sash windows, some of which were in very poor condition.

Both times, we have been delighted with the quality of the work but also with Dave?s fair and accurate pricing, his time-keeping and attention to detail and also his generosity in going beyond the scope of the job.

Not surprisingly, he?s a busy guy, but I would strongly recommend waiting for him to be available!

• 2 months later...
Dave has just finished some decorating and other repairs for me in my house in Peckham. He was excellent to work with - clear and helpful when discussibg the work and providing a (very reasonable) quote; really accommodating and able to work around some changes to the job and my tenants' availability; and his work was of the highest quality. I can't recommend him enough - he is trustworthy, clear, hard-working and has excellent attention to detail. This means he is often booked up well in advance - but as others have said, it is worth waiting.

• 7 months later...
Dave has done an absolutely fantastic job painting our house. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him - not only is the quality of his work superb (we realised we'd put up with poor quality decorating for quite a while), but he's also incredibly hard-working, takes great pride in his work and has brilliant attention to detail. I also really appreciated how organised he is, and that he gave us a super clear understanding of the cost and time the job would take, with regular updates. On top of all that, Dave is just an all-round lovely positive person (he was incredibly kind and helped us out as we were in a tight spot after another painter/decorator let us down). Relieved to have found a painter/decorator that I know we will always want to work with, and we would absolutely wait if he was booked up rather than try to find anyone else!

• 2 months later...
Dave has just finished painting and updating the front and side of our building. The building was in a pretty ropey state (worse than we had thought) and Dave has repaired and refurbished soffits, gutters, window frames, sills, decorative moulding as well as re-painted to an incredibly high standard. He is super diligent, so hard working, kept us updated on programme and price and a really lovely bloke as well. We genuinely couldn't be more pleased with the work he has done. We have already asked him to do some internal stuff for us over the winter (he'd also done some fantastic internal painting on my brother's place ). Would not hesitate to recommend him and we would happily wait for his availability again in the future for other work.

• 1 month later...
Dave has just completed the internal redecoration of our split level maisonette flat on Ondine Road. He worked extra hours to try and finish the job in two weeks and, speaking to our tenants, he did a great job at working seamlessly around them. This is the second time that we have used Dave?s services and, again, he has been an absolute pleasure to deal with. My wife and I are delighted with the end result too; the whole flat looks much smarter so it is money well spent. We would not hesitate to recommend Dave to anyone. Happy to answer via PM any queries that you may have.

• 1 year later...
I too cannot recommend Dave highly enough - his attention to detail, meticulous prep and ability to work round a busy family house with kids, dog and cat with minimal disruption. He was also very helpful with advice when I hadn't actually thought through the detail of what I was asking! as everyone else says - worth the wait!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This is another endorsement for Dave Jones.

He is not only an exceptional, highly skilled painter and decorator but he is also a trustworthy, diligent and honourable individual.

I bought my five bedroom house at auction. The walls that I didn't have re-plastered were in a terrible state as was the woodwork - skirtings, banisters and architraves. Dave worked tirelessly to transformed my home.

The finish is outstanding, The other trades on my renovation have asked me for his number - to use themselves and pass on to others. Testament in itself to a painter and decorator who takes pride in his work and wants to deliver the best job possible to his clients.

I'm happy to speak to anyone interested in using him - just DM me.

Tilly

• 1 year later...

I hired David to repaint my one bedroom flat after finding him in the forum.  He was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. Honest, hard working, flexible and punctual. He did a great job refreshing each room in my flat from top to bottom, and went the extra mile to ensure I was fully satisfied. I found David to be everything you would want from a tradesman and will certainly use his services again and be happy to recommend him to others.