Crowdfunding for building project - advice wanted

Minitoots

We are looking into the idea of crowdfunding for the next stage of an infrastructure design development to take it to the planning stage - does anyone have any experience of using crowdfunding in relation to building projects etc? Any suggestions of where to start would be really helpful, thanks.

Crowdfunding is great and is a really a help to a lot of people however the final benefits should outway what your dream is. You may have a formidable plan for this but will this benefit the funders. I feel this is an idea you would have to detail more, as I have noted many people who have made this same sort of request on this forum and many others, only to be mocked, which I find quite annoying as many were for performers and the like who just asked for help to forward careers. It is a matter that I see that if the person funding does not really gain they are not interested. I can only see a invested interest crowd funding of sorts would be more suited. So money would be loaned, but repayed at a interest rate that you accept. this way the investor sees some sort of return. If this was a more charitable and an act of building work that will enhance the community maybe a community based funding may be the way to go. Please though more detail is required.

Thanks