Forum Sponsors

Daisylets Residential Property Management
xxxx
https://m.facebook.com/cariadpets/photos

http://avalonkitchens.co.uk/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
messagePlumber recommendation - Lee Garvey
Posted by skylorikeet 16 January, 2016 08:58

Wanted to recommend a plumber I haven't actually used! I range Lee from Garvey Plumbing 07881 277385 after seeing the recommendations on here as we have an intermittent problem with our underfloor heating. Lee explained what it might be but said we should leave it be unless it continually recurs. It was refreshing to find he wasn't looking to drum up business for himself so I thought I would post a recommendation. I will definitely use Lee if anything does go wrong as he was very knowledgable about underfloor heating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2016:02:10:15:31:25 by skylorikeet.

messageRe: Plumber recommendation - Lee Garvey
Posted by Carrie 16 January, 2016 14:40

I would like to second this recommendation. We had continuing issues with our underfloor heating which no-one seemed able to explain and it seemed it was going to cost a substantial amount of money to get it fixed. Lee turned up and fixed the problem within minutes for an extremely reasonable sum and we have been warm ever since. We would definitely call on him again if we had issues with our heating.

Posted by kjiedforum 21 January, 2016 10:03

Hi could you give me Lee Garvey's contact details. Many thanks.

Posted by gustavo76 03 February, 2016 16:12

Wanted to say what a great experience I had with Lee last week. He diagnosed the problem over the phone which avoided me paying the initial call out fee and he bought the spare part, liaised with my tenants and got the job done on time when he said he would. Thankfully I've found a local plumber who's reliable, reasonable and gets the job done. Thanks Lee and well done.

Posted by JMB2012 03 February, 2016 18:56

Another good recommendation for Lee. He came out within 30 mins and gave me some good advice for fixing my three plumbing problems - the advice was free and we're trying out the cheap solutions before investigating further and incurring cost. I will use Lee if we can't fix the problems ourselves. Great experience.

Posted by Inkmaiden 06 February, 2016 15:17

I'd also like to recommend Lee. He is punctual, polite and his work is to a very high standard. He made multiple visits to fix many different plumbing issues and his rates are extremely reasonable.
He also really takes the time to properly investigate the problems and give helpful advice to find the best solution to save the customer time and money.
I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

Posted by tamlowska 10 February, 2016 14:21

Another recommendation for Lee, who I contacted after seeing all the positive reviews on the forum. He came out within an hour of me calling him and fixed the problem within minutes for a very reasonable fee. Delighted to have found a local plumber who is reliable, affordable and a really nice guy.

Posted by Orna 10 February, 2016 15:28

Another high recommendation for lee. Prompt, professional, well-priced. Great service. Will definitely use him again.

Posted by CoplestonCentre 10 February, 2016 16:43

Can't recommend Lee highly enough. He provided us with reliable, efficient and all round wonderful service. We'll definitely be using him in future. Five stars!

Posted by JMarie 15 February, 2016 10:40

Would also recommend Lee. He quickly diagnosed the problem, identified that we would need an electrician as well, and arranged to come back with parts and electrician (who had already been told what might need to be fixed, so came along prepared). Would definitely use again.

Posted by kate.duffin 17 February, 2016 13:04

I would highly recommend Lee. He plumbed in a heated towel rail, which turned into a bit of a difficult job and he had to work a few more hours. As he had agreed a price upfront, he stuck to it despite the additional labour required. We get to enjoy lovely warm towels in the morning now smiling smiley
He is also helpful with recommendations of e.g. builders and other handymen.
Kate

Posted by babybluu77 19 February, 2016 16:22

Another high recommendation here for Lee. Quick response to call out, good communication and reasonable charge. Found and sorted the problem with my boiler very quickly, so now I can enjoy a nice warm house again! Would definitely use his services again.
Krisztina

Posted by beebee 24 February, 2016 13:36

Another thumbs up for Lee he managed to get to see my temperamental boiler on the day I phoned him. Reasonable price so have booked him for another job changing a radiator.

Posted by MrsC 24 February, 2016 15:04

I called Lee today based on these recommendations for an emergency in our flat - a leak from the kitchen causing water to come through the bedroom ceiling! He made time in his schedule to come out and assess, he quickly identified the problem and fixed it, v happy and will definitely be using again.

Posted by Miss Power 02 March, 2016 11:02

I called Lee when our boiler stopped working. He was able to come round in 2hrs fixed it, showed me how to fix it myself next time and charged me a fraction of normal call out fee. Lovely guy!

Posted by Miss Power 02 March, 2016 11:02

Lee came over when our boiler stopped working. He was able to come round in 2hrs fixed it, showed me how to fix it myself next time and charged me a fraction of normal call out fee. Lovely guy!

Posted by Mccbrown 03 March, 2016 08:53

I called Lee based on these posts yesterday as the flat below us had reported a leak. Lee diagnosed the fault the same day and was able to recommend other local businesses that could help with faulty appliance repair. Very friendly, efficient, tidy and helpful.

Posted by Alan Medic 03 March, 2016 13:30

I know I could call you Lee, but if you ever read my PM please respond. I'm a bit allergic to chasing tradesmen at the moment. Thanks.

Posted by Garveyplumbing 03 March, 2016 16:05

I've responded Alan. However the post does appear a bit negative, so just to clarify this is someone asking me to give a price. I wouldn't want posters to have the impression I've walked out on a job.
Sorry for late response. As previously mentioned in pm, my wife and I recently had a baby and have had our hands full this month, this my private messages have been a tad neglected.
Many thanks
Lee

Posted by Alan Medic 03 March, 2016 16:11

Alan Medic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know I could call you Lee, but if you ever read
> my PM please respond. I'm a bit allergic to
> chasing tradesmen at the moment. Thanks.

Just to clarify as my previous post could be misconstrued. I was referring to other tradesmen and not Lee.

Posted by Garveyplumbing 07 March, 2016 16:19

Thanks very much Alan.

Posted by LightbulbMoments 11 March, 2016 16:53

I cant recommend Lee highly enough- honest, friendly, skilled and hardworking.

I always feel sometimes that as a women that knows absolutely nothing about plumbing, I can be a target for oooh, thats going to be an expensive job type thing. However, Lee is honest, quick and efficient. Ive had tepid water for over a year and was reluctant to ring a plumber fearing it was going to be a big job. Lee came round and it was fixed in 30mins. Hes honest about what you need to do, doesnt mess around and is straight onto the job in hand.

Lee- 07881 277385

Posted by ElsieBlackshaw 15 March, 2016 18:13

Reading the recommendations on this thread I contacted Lee to ask if he could sort a few small plumbing issues in my flat. He responded to my text almost immediately and came round the next day to sort the problems. Very polite and got the job done well and efficiently. Also very reasonably priced. Will be using Lee again for any future plumbing issues!

Lee- 07881 277385

Posted by Laura_Grace 18 March, 2016 21:03

Another happy customer of Lee's here. Texted him this morning and he managed to find time to fix our kitchen tap this afternoon. Great service and reasonable price.

Posted by klove 19 March, 2016 08:29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2016:05:30:11:03:08 by klove.

Posted by Alan Medic 19 March, 2016 08:54

Lee and colleague installed a combi boiler to replace two old boilers we had. He also did various other minor jobs. I couldn't recommend him highly enough for the quality of his work and his approach when finding a problem to ask himself, what would I do if it were in my house? He was very upfront about what everything would cost and gave me 3 different quotes for 3 possible scenarios.

By the way if you have an old boiler which still works you can currently apply for a 400 cashback from Boris to replace it. To see if you are eligible you can find out via this link:
[www.london.gov.uk]

ETA Lee's number is 07881277385

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2016:03:19:08:57:17 by Alan Medic.

Posted by alyson_s 21 March, 2016 14:31

Lee and his colleagues have been out to us twice and we've found them to be really helpful and friendly on both occasions. In both instances they've saved us money - first of all by trying a quick (and cheap) fix on a leaking valve, and when it didn't work, suggesting we combine having it replaced with the bigger job we'd mentioned of switching our bathroom radiator for a heated towel rail. This meant we only needed to have the system drained and refilled once, which saved us both time and money. We sourced the towel rail ourselves, but Lee was very helpful when we had questions about the spec/measurements etc, and always responded to texts in a timely fashion.

They did a thorough and professional job while they were here, and made sure I was fully consulted on the appearance of the new pipework etc before they started. They also gave us some helpful advice about our heating system and how to manage a couple of its little "quirks", without resorting to replacing the whole thing (not just yet anyway!)

All in all, would thoroughly recommend and will be calling again for any future issues smiling smiley

Posted by Dohchos 22 March, 2016 18:27

Another recommendation for Lee, we haven't used him yet, but he called straight back, he was punctual, helpful and knowledgable.

Posted by newton_otoole 23 March, 2016 19:38

Yet another recommendation for Lee. He's been round a couple of times recently. He was helpful, nice to have in the house, arrived when he said he would, and fixed our problems. Very impressed, would definitely use him again.

Posted by Pickle 10 May, 2016 21:01

Happy to add my recommendation for Lee. We used him recently for a few small, but fiddly jobs. He turned up on time, came up with a good workable solution to a broken tap that we didn't want to completely replace, and was great at communicating what was going on. Would definitely call on him again.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum