Synology Diskstation - help

jb2012

Hi im trying to back up my pc to the NAS (to do a clean reinstall on pc) and have 4TB but its saying its full, ive lost the will to live trying to figure it all out.

can anyone come round and help please & what sort of cost would i be looking at ?

many thanks B

Hi before spending any money try these few things, Run chkdsk /r in an elevated command prompt,

also run this..... rd /s /q c:\$Recycle.Bin this will empty all recycle bins.

Run disc cleanup and include system file dumps. Do you have any system restore back-ups on it? (assuming its not win 8 or 10) also if you use hibernation delete the files.

Go to control panel folder options then check the box "show hidden files"

To delete the hibernation files you will have to disable the function again run cmd and enter this.. powercfg.exe -h off

Synology usually run a form of Linux, so most of that probably won't work, RC.

If it's new then the disks might not be formatted yet. Have you used it before?

If you've had it a while, then if you can login via SSH then try running 'df -k' to see if the main disk has actually mounted. It may be you've had a disk failure and it's refusing to mount. Also, if you have encrypted the drive then if you rebooted lately you'll need to go on and enter the encryption key to unlock the disk.

Sorry for delay and thank you both very much. i have tried a few of your suggestions but still no change (and im now definitely out of my depth)

Can anyone recommend an IT person with experience of NAS's (?) please

thank you so much

B