Richard Mitchell, electrician

cheerfullj

Richard was meant to be coming to my property at 9am today. Despite texting him my address details late last night (11pm) HE DID NOT TURN UP. He didn?t even bother to text me to tell me he wasn?t coming, so wasted my time and in my opinion was unprofessional. I won?t be contacting him again and I wouldn?t advise you to either. Disappointed!!!!

(Best to read the messages below before making a judgement on Richard - Admin)

Hi cheerfulj you called me on Friday from a withheld phone number to have me give a quote for electrical work.we discussed you would text me address after the call had ended.Three days later at 11pm! I Received a message with your address.How can I hold off other Jobs waiting for address If this makes me unprofessional in my field of work then apologies but abit unfair especially no call from yourself.I always try to give the best to anyone I work for but thanks for feedback I will bair in mind for future clients kind regards Richard

This was not my experience of Richard at all. He phoned me promptly last week when I made an enquirey about some work I had that needed doing. he arrived on time, stayed longer for the job, and popped back the next day to check something I was worried about. I am getting him again to do some more work and would not hesitate to use him again or recommend him.

I am sure this wasnt on purpose and wasnt meant to upset you but at the same time this can be very detrimental to someones business to say that the guy was unreliable when it was obviously a fault of the late night text.

I have used Richard and found him extremely busy and he is a one man electrician and does a fab job and is willing to give you advise and the time needed and does an excellent job. I have recommended him a few times now and had no negative feedback from two friends and a family member

cheerfullj Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Richard was meant to be coming to my property at

> 9am today. Despite texting him my address details

> late last night (11pm) HE DID NOT TURN UP.

You really have got a cheek coming on to a public forum to diss a tradesperson when you didn't give him your address until - in your own words - "late" on the night before he was due to come to you at 9am.

You withheld your phone number from him so that he couldn't phone you, then didn't text your address to him after you had spoken to him, as had been arranged?

What is he supposed to do, turn down all other work on the off chance that you might eventually provide him with your address? Which you didn't provide until three days later, a matter of hours before he was due to come and do the work?

I have no time for unreliable tradespeople, and I've had a few, but it's quite clear that - at least on the information provided by you and him on this thread - Richard Mitchell isn't one of them. The only effect your post has had on me is to make me inclined to use him!!

ETA: And I see from one of your previous posts that you are a counsellor. Words fail me.

• 9 months later...

Here's my experience with Richard. It's not a good one.

Richard came a couple of times to do some small jobs for me. He was punctual and efficient and the work was of a high standard. So I asked him to tackle a larger job.

He came and priced the job, and asked for half the money up front, in order to buy materials. I agreed. From his previous visits he seemed reliable. We agreed a date - 24th September. He didn't show up. I had to chase him. The next day he said the no-show had been because of a family issue.

Fair enough, I thought. So we rearranged for the 1st October. He didn't turn up. I had to chase him. He said he'd had to finish off a job, and could come on the 5th October. The day before that I asked if he was coming. He said he'd be there at 10am.

On the morning itself he said he'd be there at 11.30am. An hour later than that I had to chase him. He said he was on a call out and he'd come when he was finished. So he'd prioritised another job over one he'd already taken money for and for which he'd already missed two appointments. I didn't hear from him again that day.

On the 14th, and having not heard from him, I asked him for a refund. On the 21st he asked if I wanted my money back or if he could come round and do the work. I'd already asked someone more reliable to come, and I didn't feel like I could trust him to meet an appointment. So I asked him to refund me my money. He agreed to do this on 22nd October.

I'm yet to see my money, and really don't expect to. He's ignored my many attempts to get hold of him since then.

• 1 month later...

I have to second Brother Seamus' concerns in relation to Richard and strongly recommend against using him. He is unreliable and unprofessional, and we had a very similar experience to the one above - we had a number of small things we wanted to complete as well as one larger job. Richard quoted and asked for some money to cover materials, which we provided. He did complete some of the smaller works, such as swapping single powerpoint sockets for doubles. However when it came to the larger job, Richard was impossible to get a hold of and the job was never finished. We heard many different excuses: he was unwell, he had a family emergency, he had to finish another job. But at a certain point when you have been chasing for 8 weeks you realise you've been had.

It may be a coincidence but shortly after we had Richard around to deliver the smaller works, my flatmate's credit card had an attempted fraudulent charge on it for ?900 to pay for someone's rent. When we called the company who had made the charge, we were informed that person's boyfriend, whose name was Richard, was supposed to be paying for the rent and had provided those card details. The charge was reversed and while it may be a coincidence, we were unwilling to allow Richard back into our house, given his previous behaviour and the suspicious timing... Not that he would have shown up anyway.

My recommendation is to avoid Richard Mitchell entirely. There are more reliable electricians out there - we since found Kris Electrical Services and Kris has been a breath of fresh air after our experience with Richard.

Just to point out I don't pay rent and have never used anyone's card to try I would like you to call police if you have any grounds for your made up lies this is a total lie and I will be calling police to look into.please show a printout of statement if there is even one of a Richard using a bank card to pay rent for ?900 how dare you ever make out I'm a thief

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Sharing a similar experience we had with Richard as below:

===========================================================

Hi all,

Short note to warn people NOT to use Richard Mitchell the electrician who operates in our local area.

We naively paid ?150 up front for materials - on receipt of payment he has repeatedly cancelled appointments and avoided contact over the course of the last month.

We have since appointed a more honest, reliable electrician, and my only recompense is to warn others off this fraudulent, dishonest individual.

I await my refund which I'm sure will not materialise - don't make the same mistake.

Paul.

===========================================================