Hansson Construction

My landlady engaged Hansson Construction to perform remedial works to the crumbling paving in the garden of the house I live in. I have never seen such substandard and unprofessional work. Whilst intially it looked as if the garden was concreted professionally, the drain was left blocked (suspect concrete was poured in there) and requires professional attention. 2 main drain covers in the back garden have been concreted over and are unable to be opened. Concret splashes were left up the wall and on the cast iron garden gate. Owing to poor quality electrical equipment, they caused an overload to my house electrics, didn't advise me and left my house without power for 8 hours. When the shoddy work was finished, the concrete was clearly mixed so badly that after the first rainfall, the paving started to disintegrate. It took at least 2 weeks to get Hansson to return to the property to clear some of the mess they made, but they have left rubbish behind with a promise to remove, but after 4 weeks it's still there. Do not use this builder. Massively unprofessional and sub contracts work without supervision. I'm happy to discuss further and provide more photos to show the poor workmanship.

This post is not correct. It was very bad weather when the job was done and we were forced to work because this lady had a birthday party coming up. There is a layer of dust on the manholes because of the rain we had when we did the job. It's also not our fault that the electrics in the house is not efficient to supply enough power for a 240 v mixer and we did all we could when there was no power, I even offered the bring a petrol generator. People even walked on the surface before it was hard enough and broke corners on steps etc. We have promised to come back when weather is dry and brush of the manholes and paint them and also repair the broken corners on the steps. Please stick to the truth when writing here. I also didn't appreciate the spoken threats you told me when we came to collect the rubble. You said that you were to destroy my reputation. I advice you to take this discussion with my client and the estate agent as they don't have any complains. Thank you

Some points to clarify for you because in fact my post is ENTIRELY correct.

(1) You were not "forced" to do the work. You were paid. You run a business and you decide if it is appropriate to undertake outside work in bad weather. With regard to the birthday party, you in fact finished the work 2 weeks before the party and then left ALL of your rubbish in the front of the garden and left everything in the back garden, It took several phone calls to ensure that the rubbish was removed and even then, the bushes and plants that you ripped up to make way for the bags of concrete mix were left behind.

(2) I didn't say it was your fault that the electrics blew. It WAS your fault that you or your workers didn't inform me that they blew the fuse at 10am and I had to wait for a worried call from my 11yo daughter at 4pm, as it was getting dark to say she arrived home and there was no lighting in the house. I then had to talk her through resetting the fuses. It should be noted that once you purchased a new extension cable and not one that had been left out in all weather and damaged by the elements, there was no further issues with the electrics.

(3) There is NOT a "layer of dust" on the two manholes in the back garden. If that was the case, the layer of dust would have washed away in the several torrential down pours receently, The manhole covers are cemented shut. Please, fee free to come round and lift them if you think otherwise.

(4) People walked on the concrete when it was set. It was badly mixed and crumbling. That's the reason it was damaged.

(5) I didn't promise to "destroy your reputation". I was angry because of the length of time it took you to come and remove things and the poor quality work that my landlady paid for before seeing the finished product. I promised to write an honest review of the work. Which I have done.

(6) Yes, the photo was before the concrete was started but was to show how poorly the ground was prepped. The old concrete was broken and removed, All other rubbish, leaves etc was left under the base wire and simply covered in concrete.

(7) The main drain is still blocked. Dyno Rod will be here on Wednesday 9th March. I'll let you know if there is concrete in the drain.

I have absolutely no issue furthering this discussion, I simply wish to ensure that the work is completed.

Anger doesn't give you any right to try to destroy a company with a good reputation and who's always doing all things possible for our clients. I advise people who read this to contact my clients as what is written here is not correct. Your landlady was on site for final inspection same day we finished and she was very happy with the result. The leaves and other rubble was removed before the mesh was cut and installed before concreting. I'm also very surprised that you can accuse us for filling the drain with concrete, it's been working perfectly since we finished and after almost 2 months it's blocked. It doesn't seem very right. And yes you did threthen me to destroy my reputation. You said very clearly that you had checked me out on this forum and that you were to write a bad review You are not my client and I will not continue this discussion with you. I will take this somewhere else. I hope you achieved what you wanted. Thank you.

• 6 months later...