Central Heating Installation

Hello,

I have purchased a flat on the border of Crystal Palace and Penge West. The flat currently has electric heating which I want to rip out and replace with central heating and a combi boiler. I have spoken to British Gas and the block it is in has other flats with gas heating, so there is a gas supply nearby. Is anyone qualified to rip out the electric units, replace them with radiators, install the gas pipes and the boiler? I would like to take someone to the flat to give me a quote.

Cheers!

Jennifer

I looked at something similar in my old flat some years ago. It's quite crazy expensive, but also involves routing the central heating pipework, either underfloor or behind skirting boards etc, so remember to take that into consideration.

In the end I went for electric ceramic radiators (electrically heated, not water heated - they are different to storage heaters), plugged into the existing connections, that was wirelessly controlled etc, with an electric mains vented boiler for hot water.

Worked out less than half the cost as installing conventional boiler/heating, was very quick installation, and worked well.

Hi Jennifer,

I would also be happy to quote although I'm afraid the 3k estimate is a little unrealistic if planning to use a decent branded boiler and radiators. I have many reviews on here and I am also a member of Checkatrade.

http://www.checkatrade.com/HunterHeatingSolutions/Gallery.aspx

Regards,

Billy Hunter

Hunter Heating Solutions

I always use Mark Newlove (I'm a landlord and property developer)Since recommending him on here he's been getting fantastic reviews. He's extremely knowledgeable but talks in a way I can understand, very useful as a female in my line of work! He's on 07971 824567. Kind regards, Helen

Hi Bermygirl, I am doing the same as you, Im ripping out the electric heaters and water tank, and replacing with combi gas central heating.

I have had a quote for ?4000 from Glow warm. I have also priced up the job, looking at prices of a new central heating system, radiators and gas pipes. It came in at around ?2500. This was with a central heating system called Ideal logiik. Reviews are not too bad.

I am not fussed on a branded system, because its for a rental property, so I suppose it depends on whether you want a good branded system.

Good luck

We used Mark NewLove to install a new boiler and he did a brilliant job. He came in quickly when our boiler broke down and we had no hot water nor heating and went out of his way to install the new boiler and ensure the system was running smoothly. He also installed the NEST system which is very convenient! He knows his stuff really well and you feel confident you are paying for a serious and well finished job. He's also a lovely guy, we totally recommend him! His number is 07971 824567