Looking for garden fence fitter

JChester

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to add a recommendation for Oskars.

Oskars and his team did a fantastic job replacing a fence and fitting artificial grass in our garden. Everything had to come through the house and they did a great job reducing the mess as much as possible.

I would definitely recommend him if you need any work doing in your garden!

Heh@Yek

Kala - he pretended to be a poster called Anja and conned me into using him. The embarrassing thing is the elaborate backstory that I actually fell for. He must have been laughing his arse off at me. I've since seen from other posts on the forum that most of the other recommendations look suspicious.

I initially thought he was great, but things quickly degenerated. He did an appalling job of several of the work items I employed him for, which has cost me a fair bit to rectify. He also repeatedly stood me up with no warning and left an almightly mess behind including food, water bottles and tea cups strewn across my yard. I've been contacted by previous customers too who have had similar experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that Luke has managed to get a lot of the negative reviews removed from various sites which I had previously found after I got ripped off. Just in case he manages to remove the sole remaining one left, it looks like someone else had a very similar experience to me:

https://plus.google.com/101797341727130564926/about - all was going so well and after reading such great reviews I hired Luke to makeover my garden for a rental property. Job started off great, then I moved abroad and paid Luke an agreed amount to finish the job. It would take no more than a week to complete. This was 7 weeks ago and Luke has not returned, and left me with a half finished garden. Extremely disappointed. gave him time as he said personal issues were preventing finishing, and weather. After too many weeks of excuses I realised I had been scammed. His last emails to me confirm he has no intention of finishing the job and suggests I finish it myself. What about the money? He won't return it and says because I threatened to contact the police over work paid for and not completed, that he doesn't have to finish it as he was threatened. Yes, with me contacting the police as I am in another country and he has taken my money and ran. I Really liked this guy, trusted him and just because I am far away he chose to rip me off for a significant sum of money. I needed to share this as all these good reviews do not explain why he chose to take my money and not do the work. Very sad indeed.