Best curry house on Lordship Lane?

It is really up to individual taste..

Some of them seem to go through their ups and downs..

For consistency I would opt for Dulwich Tandoori... and also Surma..

I'm not to keen on Tandoori Nights .. It is the only Curry House I do not use..

DulwichFox

I think they're all much of a muchness really, apart from Ganapati on the corner of Holly Grove, which is also within walking distance. But that is more expensive and you almost certainly need to book.

Everywhere I've tried (apart from Ganapati which has been consistently good) you can get a relatively good meal one time, then a mediocre meal the next time. To some extent it also depends on what you order, obviously.

But I have to say I agree with Fox (shock horror). The last meal I had at Tandoori Nights was truly terrible, and bore little resemblance to its description on the menu, and I wouldn't eat there again. They were good when they first opened, but that was many moons ago.

I agree with what other people have said, and don't think any of the Indian restaurants on Lordship Lane are particularly special. My favourite Indian restaurant by far is Eastern Cuisine in Gypsy Hill, followed by Lemon Tree in Sydenham. I'm always surprised by how popular Babur seems to be - I go there fairly regularly as it's a favourite of one of my friends, but I always come away feeling disappointed and a bit ripped off. I think it's extremely over rated and very over priced.