iphoto-photo importing problems from iphone

I've always imported photos from my iphone with no problems until last week., When I got back from a week's holiday, iphoto would only import photos from the last day, even though all photos were taken in the same way on the iphone (it's a 5S). I've tried several times, then yesterday I took about 30 photos which it imported normally, but then when I connected it again later, it tried to import those same 30 photos again, even though they were already on iphoto. this happened twice.

I have restarted the computer and iphone but no luck.

I am using iphoto '09 version 8.1.2 (424) on my ancient Mac OS X version 10.6.8 - old, but has always been reliable up til now.

Any suggestions?

Hi Minitoots,

It may be that iPhoto 09 has started to conflict with your phones software as good old Apple ( & lets face it all tech companies want you to purchase new & updated software from time to time ...........I believe they sell it to us as progress ;) ! )

What might solve this problem for you is if you a) back up your whole phone and check that all images were uploaded to your computer & then reboot it back to factory settings.

Another way to get round this is to create a dropbox account ( the free version ) and download the Dropbox app onto your phone. You can then choose all the photos you like & add them to your dropbox account via the app on your phone and then transfer the images into iphoto on your computer from dropbox account. A word of warning though. Once you have the images in your dropbox account it is best to move them by copying the folder of images in case anything goes wrong.

Similarly you can also upload images from your phone to Google Drive if you have created that facility.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Sman :)