Kevin of Y and J builders

Xenia

Following recommendations we asked Kevin to come and do some building work at our house. We've found him to be unreliable and unprofessional, a warning to anyone looking for a builder. Happy to give further examples of anyone wants to pm me but to give a flavour:

Our whole kitchen and hallway were left coated with dust when he was working on the kitchen, no dust sheets put down and no attempt to clean up mess either.

He's missed/ forgotten several appointments. One example from this week:

[20/04 09:33] My housemate: Morning Kevin! What time are you coming?

[20/04 09:37] Kevin Builder: I forgot all about that can come on Sat at 12

Followed by a quote from today:

Kevin: gdmorning I won't be able to come today my grandmother has ask me to take her out and I couldn't say no I'm gonna be on Barry road with a client I'm gonna have to postpone it till Thursday at 12 I'm very sorry but I promise defo il do it Thursday once again sorry.

There was also an incident involving one of Kevin's workers that made a female friend of mine who was alone in the house at the time feel very uncomfortable, and Kevin has also used offensive racist language in conversation with me, which made me feel very uncomfortable.

The work he's done has been of an OK standard, but the unreliability and unprofessionalism is probably worth bearing in mind if you're looking for a builder. Happy to pm further details if anyone wants them.