Re: Fabulous roofer

BeatriceH

• 2 years later...

I just wanted to give forum users a heads up on Brian O'Connell.

We got him to repair a downpipe that was leaking and had rusted through at one point. He also replaced an entire section of the roof tiles.

I had to contact him in January because the pipe was still leaking and the wall behind it was very wet. He responded the same day to say he'd take a look at it.

I chased him again in February but didn't hear back. After repeated emails and texts, he replied in mid March to say he was having problems with his van and apologised.

On March 27, more than two months later, he came round to take a look. By this time, the leak had caused a damp patch inside my neighbour's property.

Despite repeated emails/texts and calls he never came back to do the work or give any explanation.

At the end of April we gave up more than four months after we first asked him to come round.

We called another roofer, who promptly came round and found that the downpipe (which we had originally called Brian to fix) was leaking in several places, and there was a leaking joint with a very old piece of lead pipe inside the porch rood which had been retiled, which almost certainly would've been visible when the tiles were removed. This work cost as an extra ?240.

The actual work on the roof tiles was fine but he's completely let us down having been very patient.

Hugely disappointing.

• 1 year later...
I too, would be very weary of Brian, complications from his work are not resolved and the same happened to me. Fitted roof guards, screwed through a gutter fitting, which fell of a week or so later. that was back in June, have been calling him since to come and resolve it and no response. From my experience, I would not recommend this guy, there are others that come highly recommended on EDF and I would go with them first.

• 10 months later...

Hello there!

I am trying to work out if this is the same Brian O'Connell who did the roof on a property we are looking to buy. We couldn't find any information about him, except the bad reviews on this forum! Please could you let me know the email or telephone number you have for him so I can see if it is the same person?

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...