Cost of new boiler?

We've just received a quote for a new combi boiler from Vaillant. The quote is ?3,700 inc. VAT. This covers all the work (plumbing, removal of the old water tank from the loft, etc) as well as an 8-year guarantee. That's more than we were expecting but might be par for the course nowadays. Does this figure sound reasonable? I must say, the Vaillant contractor who sized the job seemed highly expert and helpful, and we'll probably fork out the 3.7k but I just wanted a sanity check on that amount.

I thank you.

Hi goosey I was quoted the same by Glow warm for a new central heating system, this also covers removing the old tank and labour.

Glow warm own Vallant so they managed to keep it to budget. I also received other quotes which were around the ?4000 4500 mark. If you would like their number let me know, they are a family run business and first impressions were great. They are installing the new system in the property once the tenants move out.

Hope that helps

Hi,

Looking at what you have described my convert to combis usually come in at between ?3000-?4000 inc VAT depending on a few things like gas supply ugrade, replacing radiator valves, etc.

I would be happy to give you a quote. Please see link for some of my previous reviews on here.

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1321936,1666230#msg-1666230

Kind regards,

Billy Hunter

Hunter Heating Solutions

• 2 weeks later...

Hi goosey goosey

I am vaillaint registered also as I mainly work with vaillaint and could get you the same boiler with a 10 yr warrantee.

I could also offer you a price at around ?3000 but I would obviously need to inspect the lay out first to determine exactly what is required.

Lee Garvey