Disappointed with LL Estate Agents - Anyone tried Tepilo or Purple Bricks?

I am selling my house in SE22.

The Lordship Lane Agent that has been dealing with the sale doesn't seem to be listening to my needs, has behaved in a boorish way and has told the potential buyer to do the opposite of what I instructed.

Now thinking that either Purple Bricks or Tepilo is the way forward for selling my property.

Does anybody have experience of SELLING with either of these? I would be very grateful for feedback and recommendations of the two.

Hi

I have spoken to Tepilo and have found them very helpful, and the fees are very reasonable. I have decided to sell my apartment on Woodvale through Tepilo. There are quite a few Tepilo boards around the Dulwich area, and this feels me with confidence.

originaled Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for taking the time to respond. Not sure

> about No Flies or any high street agent, but am

> now seriously considering Tepilo...unless you know

> differently...

No Flies aren't high street and they appear to have sold everything on their website.

Worked / working on contract with some agents around the area

I can tell you that the worst I've ever dealt with is 5 star Gareth James

(Absolutely no communication whatsoever once the deal is sealed and to get the money is another thing !)

The best I worked and still working with is London independent

Communication 10 out of 10

With management Mobil number for 24/7 direct communication

Offer + response + deal = money

Never waited for longer than they say

Mostly get the financial matters done earlier that it's due

Their number is 020 7403 7403

Lettinga and sales

Managing director is Dave

But Debbie (his assistant is always there to help)

Office is between elephant and cast and London bridge

Highly recommended

southeastelectric Wrote:

> Summersmile - great article !

> Shows how misleading the ads are .

> This isn't legal

> Trading standards should take on that

> And ban them from trading unless they start being

> truthful

Indeed. A bit like selectively cutting and pasting positive reviews from EDF and putting them on a website.

originaled Wrote:

> Thanks for taking the time to respond. Not sure about No Flies or any high street agent, but am

> now seriously considering Tepilo...unless you know differently...

Another vote for No Flies. They were great at listening to us and were supportive when we took the house off the market for a year to wait for things to settle. We came back to the market late last year and the house was on offer within about a month.

The main problem with Tepilo (and others) is that you have to do your own viewings and after-sales stuff. Don't underestimate the value of having someone available at the drop of a hat to show a prospective buyer around. And when it does get sold, someone to chase up the buyer and conveyancers.

If nothing else, give Brendan there a ring and have a talk.

Loz, the above isn't completely true. Tepilo and others do all the conveyancing chasing up buyers etc. It's not left to you to chase up. I have no idea how good they are though. Think some are better than others.

Yes you have to show buyers around, but for me this was positive. Firstly we had young kids so it was difficult constantly being out of the house. We quite enjoyed conducting the viewings as you're able to answer any questions about the house, local amenities, why you're moving, when the boiler was replaced, where to park, who lives upstairs, what's the best pub in walking distance, transport etc. We had someone view our flat, who said they weren't so keen on the location because of needing to get to X for work. I worked around the corner so was able to explain the best route and other options they hadn't even thought about. A lot of buyers asked about the neighbours, bus routes, school catchment areas etc, and most agents (barring no flies) would have no idea about this stuff.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply.

My bad, I had only driven past No Flies so assumed they were another Estate Agent. Does that mean they don't charge the typical commission?

Seems a few of you like Tepilo, except of course from those on the Mail website. Any experience with Purple Bricks?

Yes, No Flies charge a flat fee and are very knowledgeable and friendly. We have been very happy with them.

Absolutely avoid KFH - they force buyers and sellers alike to do what they want so they can control the chain. They are notorious across SE London for their, shall we say, acting outside of the rules.

Purple Bricks in my experimenve of buying were nothing short of useless, constantly cancelling and rearranging viewings.

Just wanted to clarify I have never had any personal experience with tapilo but saw the article whilst reading the daily mail and thought it might be useful on this thread.....so that's the only reason I attached it.

my personal experience is with Acorn which were absolutely outstanding and propertyin.com which are also very good.

I am looking to buy and have had real problems trying to view anything listed by Purple Bricks. It is all done through the website (obviously) and when I suggest a time, they come back with another one that doesn't work for me. There is nowhere to say "I am busy that day, can I do another day" so in the end I gave up.

We tried to buy a house through Tepilo and despite many calls, we couldn't even get a response to our calls for viewing requests. We literally never had any communication back from them, so I wouldn't rush to sell with them. We were going to go with Purple Bricks and actually had quite a few viewings with them, which were easy to coordinate.

• 3 weeks later...

We would def recommend No Flies having just sold our place in ED. Experienced, knowledgeable, pre-active and great value for money. Having sold lots of houses over the last 10 years, these guys were the best agents we have used.

Brendan Cassidy

Director

No-Flies Estate Agents

office :020 7737 8047

mobile :07767 110581

web :www.no-flies.co.uk

I'm familiar with Tepilo as a buyer and from that perspective I found it unsatisfactory, I wouldn't use them if I was selling myself. I suppose if the sale is completely straightforward, zero issues it might work but sometimes you need that real communication with an agent. Passwords for accounts etc are a drag also when you're busy.