Recommendation for John Powers plumber

We had a major flood in our cellar one evening over the weekend and I chanced calling John as I got his number from here. He wasn't available but sent his colleague Gary to help. Gary turned up within the hour and managed to resolve the problem after a couple of hours. They charged ?120 for the first hour and ?80 for additional hours. I had been expecting to be fleeced as it was out of hours and an emergency so was pleasantly surprised. Would definitely recommend John and Gary and use them again. J A Powers Plumbing and Heating Ltd - 07977 909339.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I just want to say I just used John last week to repair my boiler. He came really quickly, was very nice and professional and despite doing a major service on my boiler and my fears about what it would cost, it came to a very reasonable ?155 including replacement parts. Great service, knows what he is doing and was very reasonable.

Glad to see these positive reviews. We had a shower leak, John sent a chap round. The result is a leaky shower, messy and clumsy caulking in random places on tiles (which we've since peeled off) and ?80 lighter. Plus no call back. Hopefully a one off.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ms Blueberry,

Sincerest apologies I have only just seen your post. From your username I can't recognise you so can't contact you directly. I'm really disappointed in the experience you have had. We would like to rectify this ASAP, we offer a one year guarantee on our work and more importantly we never want anyone to feel like they have not received a good service from us.

Please get in touch, 07977909339. Ive also sent a PM just in case you are not monitoring this feed.

Kind regards

John

• 3 weeks later...
When we found that our boiler had stopped working last weekend I called John and he came out on a Sunday night to take a look for us. we had to replace the boiler unfortunately but John sent one of his colleagues out the very next day and the job was done by mid-afternoon. This obviously wasn't a cheap job but we were very happy with the work and wouldn't hesitate to use John again.

• 4 weeks later...
I've used John on and off for the last 10 years and have always been happy with the work. In response to the question above about responding to calls/emails, I can only talk about phone/text contact, and there has never been any problem there. As with any busy tradesman you shouldn't necessarily expect a call back within 5 minutes, but I've never been left waiting for an unreasonable period or not had a response.

• 4 weeks later...