Where to buy an iPad Air charger

Azalea

Just be careful about buying cheap 'Fake' chargers that may catch fire or electicute someone.

There are so many about..

Only buy chargers from Apple Stores. Stay safe..

http://www.london-fire.gov.uk/Images/burnt-socket2.jpg

London Fire Brigade

DulwichFox ( Ex Safety / Fire Officer )

My iPad is under guarantee with John Lewis. I called them and they said they didn't have any, but that I could buy one, send them the receipt and they would refund me. I think I have to get an Apple one otherwise it could void guarantee. There isn't an Apple Store near here. I called sainsburys and they have their own version for the price as the Apple version. Bizarre.

Maplins

1.2 Miles

107-113,

Stanstead Road,

Forest Hill, GB,

SE23 1HH Mon09:00 - 18:00

Tue09:00 - 18:00

Wed09:00 - 18:00

Thu09:00 - 18:00

Fri09:00 - 18:00

Sat09:00 - 18:00

Sun11:00 - 17:00

Old Kent Road

Old Kent Road

View store details

2.5 Miles

Unit 1A Southernwood Retail Park,

Old Kent Road,

London, GB,

SE1 5JJ Mon09:00 - 20:00

Tue09:00 - 20:00

Wed09:00 - 20:00

Thu09:00 - 20:00

Fri09:00 - 20:00

Sat09:00 - 19:00

Sun11:00 - 17:00

Azalea, I really hope this is helpful : I have this very week done this trip myself for the same reason: if you do not want to drive and pay parking, you can get the train from DH direct to Bromley South, turn right and into the Mall, there is an Apple shop, nearest one north is Covent Garden, I guess you know, you can get the 176, but then you could argue that if you took the 12 to Regent Street Apple shop you could then go on to JL and claim your refund. If you wait long enough they will have one in. Good luck

Or if you don't want to make either of the journeys, why not have it delivered from PC World. A 12W genuine Apple iPad charger:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/tablet-accessories/tablet-chargers-adapators-and-cables/apple-md836b-b-usb-power-adapter-10008755-pdt.html

BTW. Here you can read about (and see pictures of) genuine Apple chargers exploding, tripping electrics, etc.:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4742576?start=0&tstart=0

My advice: If you use one charger for both iPhone and iPad, get a more powerful iPad charger. People often confuse them (i.e. the iPhone charger "condensed" inside of a plug with the slightly bigger dedicated box of an iPad charger) because they both have the same lightning plug. But using a less powerful iPhone charger to charge a more power demanding iPad, makes the small charger overload and overheat. The electronics doesn't like too much heat and ultimately "revolts".

Regards,

Paul