Forum Sponsors

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care
xxxx
www.inshutters.co.uk

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
messageRe: Recommendation for brilliant Handyman
Posted by Marjoram 21 November, 2017 21:19

Today Aston worked for me again, this time to remove two very unsightly external gas meter covers which were at least 15 years old and which were hanging off the wall, and to fit new ones (which I had bought online). Due to the condition of the wall, he had to do a lot of adaptations to make them fit, and it turned out to be a very challenging job, but he persevered, stayed cheerful, and came up with solutions. The result is that the new boxes look really good in place, and I am delighted. He also replaced yet more light bulbs in my high ceilings. The versatility in what he can do never ceases to amaze me. I will of course be booking Aston for any future help I need.

Posted by akoval 29 November, 2017 10:01

Another happy customer, I have used Aston services recently and was really impressed with the quality and finishes of his work. Having had bad experiences with tradesmen before, this time I was very happy with the work done, brilliant! He is very nice guy too. Highly recommend.

Posted by Groucho-on-the-Rye 29 November, 2017 17:09

Got Aston off the Forum to fix our front door, which involved rehanging, trimming, sorting out the catch. Very swift and efficient with all his own gear. Two hours, 80.

Posted by Sara S. 29 November, 2017 23:27

I work full time so it is very difficult for me to be at home during day time. I contacted Aston, but he only works between Monday to Friday. Nevertheless, very efficient in answering my messages. Niko, could work Saturdays, came home to do a quote and never came again. I asked him to come and he kept forgetting me, so I lost 6 in phone calls.
I found out Andrew also in the forum and he is amazing. Came last Saturday and fixed 3 doors, installed an oven, changed the bathroom silicone, bleeded the radiators and fixed a kitchen drain. I felt super comfortable with him and always polite. He seems to know a little of everything. Came with the necessary tools and a vacuum to clean after!
Highly recommended! His number is 007446280549.

Posted by Crokes 01 December, 2017 11:57

I was very pleased to find Aston through this thread - he fixed a couple of large areas of damp in our kitchen and did a fantastic job. I'd highly recommend him (and use him again) as he was professional, reliable, very knowledgable and reasonably priced.
Aston's number is 07490947355.

Posted by Richard S 19 December, 2017 08:43

I have now employed Aston 3-4 times. This time it was to hang a number of pictures. Each time he has been extremely good and very professional. Highly recommended.
Richard S

Posted by dulwichquine 22 December, 2017 18:20

Just used Aston after finding him in the forum. We had a very small job, fixing a kitchen cupboard where the hinges had come off. Desperate to get it done before Xmas. Aston came to the rescue. Quick, efficient and reasonable.

Posted by amball January 04, 12:38PM

Hi there,

We live in East Dulwich, we are looking for a handyman to fix a new handle onto a door and to remove a bedroom door, and shave it down to a height that is right. We had a new carpet fitted and the door is difficult now to open and close. Do let me know if you are interested but ideally would like to get the job done quite quickly. Regards Audrey

Posted by ShantiS January 10, 07:27PM

I was very glad to find Aston through the recommendations on here. He's a lovely guy, professional and efficient, and cleaned up very well after himself. He fixed my bed for me and even took off his shoes at my request before coming upstairs as I have just got new carpets. Very reasonable rate, and I will definitely be calling on him again for future jobs. His number is 07490947355.

Posted by Sophie176 January 12, 10:45AM

We too would thoroughly recommend Aston. He did an excellent and very careful couple of jobs for us, was a very friendly person to have around the house, good value, and tidied up thoroughly before he left (also voluntarily took his shoes off upstairs). We'd definitely use him again, and would wholeheartedly recommend him.

Posted by kazue January 12, 06:09PM

I was so impressed how quick and professional his service is. Aston replied to my first text shortly after and booked me in for the next day. He fixed a few of our wardrobes with many hinges came off. I would definitely contact him again.

Posted by Patriciann January 19, 10:26AM

We have used Aston once so far. He was quick to respond to our initial request, did a first rate job mending a leaking tap, was professional and personable and his charge was reasonable. We shall definitely use him again.

Posted by Miss Goose Green January 20, 06:56PM

Another recommendation for Aston ! Despite being busy he managed to fit in requested job to source and replace back door handle at short notice. Aston was friendly, professional and reasonably priced. Will most definitely use again !

Posted by Patriciann January 25, 06:36PM

A second visit from Aston. He impressed us again. He didnt waste any time and did 6 separate jobs efficiently and effectively in 2 hours. We have no hesitation in recommending him.

Posted by Skull January 27, 08:50AM

Called Aston after getting his number off this forum and after sending him photos of what needed to be done he managed to fit me in for the following day. He was very professional and did a stellar job - I am new to ED and still settling in so will certainly call on him again

Posted by MrBrightside January 29, 12:30PM

I got Aston to do a number of small/ fiddly jobs in my flat the other day. Very efficient and easy to deal with, good value as well. I'd plan on using his services again in the future.

Posted by Mrs C January 30, 01:16PM

Had another visit from Aston last week. I contacted him really last minute and he managed to fit me in on my tight schedule. Hes really polite, efficient and meticulous. Hes also very punctual! He really is a pleasure to have in your home and Id recommend him to others.

Posted by luciamaria February 09, 11:13AM

Highly recommend Aston. He fitted us in at short notice and dismantled a bed for us. I echo the comments above: he is friendly, polite, reliable and very efficient. Would certainly use Aston again.

Posted by WG February 22, 08:48PM

We recently used Aston for the third time, to repair a tap in our flat. His communication was excellent, he arrived on time, was polite and tidy and completed the job entirely satisfactorily. We would have no hesitation in recommending him as a handyman.

Posted by Tashmed February 25, 04:54PM

Another satisfied customer of Aston's.

We had Aston come round and change some light fittings and switches plus do some plaster filling to rectify to shoddy job the previous owner had attempted.

Very happy with the work he has done for us and will not hesitate getting him back in for future jobs we have.

Simon

Posted by BanJo February 27, 09:33AM

Happy to post about Aston's brilliant service. He has done a thorough refurb of our kitchen, putting up new shelves, re-aligning the cupboards,fitting new plinths and a unit. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
Aston - 07490 947 355

Posted by Chrisnz February 28, 06:47AM

Aston visited our house to fix a multitude of niggles. He did his best to accommodate us and kept his word with regards to attendance and price.
It can be very difficult to find a reliable tradesman but it seems at last we've found someone that we would call again and recommend to others.

Posted by alicecarr March 05, 10:15PM

Ashton built a shed and fixed a dripping tap for us - he was very efficient and reliable and I will definitely use his services in future.

Posted by Marjoram March 07, 05:56PM

Aston was able to dismantle 2 huge fitted wardrobes with built in shelves yesterday for me, and he managed this without destroying the walls in the process - a miracle! It all looks much better than I ever thought it would, and, as usual, he cleaned up thoroughly after himself and took away all the wood etc for disposal. He also mended the catches on a cupboard door in my bathroom. I have always been very pleased with Astons work in the past, and yesterday was no exception!

Posted by Katy D March 10, 04:27PM

I can recommend Aston even though we never met! He dealt with my 91 yr old father brilliantly and everything was done wonderfully when I returned. I will definitely use him again

Posted by owen.g March 11, 07:48PM

Aston spent a day at mine helping me fabricate and hang acoustic panels. Well, actually I helped him. A bit. He is really amenable and goes the extra mile - he stayed until the job was finished and left at nearly 7pm. He has fantastic attention to detail and isn't happy until you are. Oh, and don't expect the usual "turn up within the half hour of the arranged time." He is there on the nose. Usually ahead of time.

I will definitely have him back. Great job.

Posted by Yassine02 March 12, 07:48AM

Aston is brilliant. Cannot recommend him enough.

Posted by Tima March 13, 10:23PM

Aston hung a very heavy mirror for me. It was no problem. I'll be using him again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was march 13, 10:26pm by Tima.

Posted by kphilly March 22, 08:38AM

Aston did a number of jobs for us - Hanging a number of pictures, a heavy mirror and replaced a light fitting. He was very professional, on time, and friendly. Well definitely be calling on him again.

Posted by debbieninnis March 23, 03:59PM

Another recommendation for Aston.
Turned up on time.
Hung blinds, pictures, fixed stuff, spent the day here doing jobs. Was polite, punctual and nothing was a problem. An absolute pro!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum