Recommendation for drainage engineer

ISLA_C

Just to recommend Dave from Down the Drain - he came this morning to investigate some blocked pipes, had everything cleared within the hour, was polite and most important - upfront about the costs which I appreciate in a tradesmen! Thanks Dave! his number is 020 8314 5244.

Isla

Another recommendation for Dave from Down the Drain (07919 107868). We had a stubborn blockage in our main pipe. He turned up on time - early in fact - and sorted everything within the hour. He told us his charges on the phone, said there were no hidden extras and he was true to his word. Very nice man - we would have no hesitation in using him again or recommending him.

Here's another vote for Dave and his colleague Andy from Down the Drain. I had a gully blockage that a set of rods were no use in tackling, and Dave turned up early and his high-pressure hose did the trick. The guys cleaned out the main drain too, and the half-hour cost was very reasonable (cash or cheque). He's on 07919 107868.

Ben

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to add another recommendation for Dave.

I had a drain that overflowed every time it rained. I called Dave on the basis of recommendations on here and he was so helpful.

He immediately identified what the problem was likely to be, the work that he thought would be involved and the likely cost. He came over the next day and it was exactly as he'd expected, sorted very quickly and consequently the cost was as quoted.

Really friendly and easy to deal with too.

• 4 weeks later...
Also have to say how impressed I was with Dave - called him about my overflowing drain, he came round on time (and at 7.30am which many work men won't do so early but which I find really helpful with work), had a look, explained the problem and 20 mins later he was done. Thought the price was pretty reasonable too. I had been concerned about another issue where I thought I might get damp but instead of humouring me and charging for it he took and look and said there wasn't a problem.

• 1 month later...
Please be aware that as soon as your drains are shared then it is the responsibility of Thames Water (in our case) to clear them, even if drains are on your property. The rules changed in 2011 and I believe that their SLA is 48hours. We saved thousands of pounds. We were not advised of this by the drainage company who had performed the initial survey and said extensive work was required, but by the estate agent we were buying the property through who realised things weren't stacking up and got Thames Water in for us, who cleared all blockages in an hour or two. PM me if you would like more details.