Which Estate Agent for rental?

We are planning to offer our 5 bed house for rental in September and wondered if anyone can recommend an Agent above all the others we have on LL?

Had two out to value the house for rent and they have come in at totally different prices.

Thx in advance.

I really wouldn't recommend Daisylets. We had a major issue where they refused to take responsibility for one of their contractors poor work (for check in/out and inventory - rather important parts of the job!) and it took quite a few very heated emails to get any sort of a resolution. I certainly wouldn't use them again.

Stick it on Spareroom.com and do it yourself - you can charge more rent rather than lining the pockets of agents with fees they just don't own - prospective tenants will also hate you less as you're not ripping them off too (initially and on an ongoing basis).

That's true - letting agents really aren't worth the sort of money they charge anyway. The forum is also an excellent place to find tenants and tradespeople. Contracts and forms for inventories, etc can be found online, especially if you join an association (worth it for the first year for checklists, etc).

Do you really need to pay a few grand a year for someone the ring the plumber occasionally?

Of course, if you are going to be far away from the property, then you probably will want to consider an agent, but if you live reasonably close, then DIY is a real option.

I would recommend Daisy lets . Their fee structure for landlords is very straight forward and reasonable. The fees they charge the tenants are also way below the other high street agents which I find helps start a good relationship with new tenants .Sorry to hear Loz had issues with their inventory/ check in/out contractor, as our most recent dealings with them in Feb this year were excellent.

southeastelectric Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Gareth James is 5 star rated

> Property agent of the year 2015 in dulwich

And yet two weeks ago you described them in another thread as "the worst I've ever dealt with". Have you changed your mind?

If you read it properly you would notice the difference between both comments

From contractor point of view it's a nightmare to get the money on time

But what 5 star rating says is that they have very good customer relations

And as (its proven) they are best estate agent for 2015

It means that they value their clients

Right ?

But I still find it difficult to work for them!

But that's a different subject

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I was wondering if there are any more recommendations for estate agents who market properties in Forest Hill and Honor Oak park. Any prices for services on pm would be great too.

Thanks in anticipation