Pedler Restaurant / Bar Peckham - Recruiting

I have no problem with the WR ad. Dry humour and a no-nonsense attitude. And it's actually pretty effective... if you're of a sensitive disposition then working in a busy butchers shop probably isn't for you.

I'm sure they won't lose any sleep if people who aren't customers anyway decide to boycott them.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have no problem with the WR ad. Dry humour and a

> no-nonsense attitude. And it's actually pretty

> effective... if you're of a sensitive disposition

> then working in a busy butchers shop probably

> isn't for you.

>

> I'm sure they won't lose any sleep if people who

> aren't customers anyway decide to boycott them.

every shop needs customers that's whats pays the bills.and what makes you think that i am not a customer? did you read the add ?. do you think that any one looking for a job needs to be told all that ?. what if you went into the shop for a job and never got it do you wounder that you fall into list,its what called people skills or lack of it.

If you went for a job interview in any Professional establishment, would you expect to be asked any of those questions.

Are you a Drama Queen , an Emotional Wreck , a Drunk , a Drug addict , a Mummy's Boy

a Mummy's Boy is (sometimes used to refer to a Gay man ) Is that what W.R. meant. ?

So Jeremy.. your comment..

I have no problem with the WR ad. Dry humour and a no-nonsense attitude. And it's actually pretty effective...

I question.. ?

DulwichFox

KidKruger Wrote:

> "a Mummy's Boy is (sometimes used to refer to a

> Gay man ) Is that what W.R. meant. ? "

>

> Comedy Gold.

>

> Takes the TotalBollox-O'Meter right off the scale

> !

Does it.. ? Is that what you think ?

Ignorance or Denial are both dangerous things..

It Never Happened.. It was all a lie..

I sometimes loose the will to live.

DF

Mummy's Boy is a synonym of Sissy.

Sissy

Definitions (US)

noun an effeminate boy or man, a timid person or coward (slang) a homosexual (term of mild contempt)

Synonyms

wimp (informal), coward, jessie (Scottish) (slang), milksop, mama's boy, mummy's boy namby-pamby, softie (informal), weakling, wet (British) (informal)

wimpish, wimpy (informal), cowardly, effeminate, feeble, namby-pamby, soft (informal), unmanly, weak, wet (British)

(informal)

DulwichFox

Foxy your determination to push a square peg into a round hole in order to continue your brainless vendetta against a(nother) shop you don?t like or use because they / gave you the wrong change once / didn?t have the right sort of prawn / looked at you in a funny way / (delete as applicable) is extraordinary.

Your idiocy has at least provided some light entertainment while I?m stuck in working.

Carry on.

Just because a word is a synonym of another, Mr.Fox, it doesn't mean it's also a synonym of all the other words which are synonyms of the original word. By your logic then all the other synonyms for sissy you cite would also mean homosexual, which clearly coward, wimp, weakling etc do not.

Ok.. So what did WR. mean by Mummy's Boy.. ?

And *bob* .. I do not give a hoot about ANYTHING you have to say about anything..

And I have used W.R. many times.. Don't mean I cannot criticise them when they get things wrong..

as for.. 'Your idiocy has at least provided some light entertainment while I?m stuck in working'

If you had a proper job, you would not have the time to spend conjuring up continual insults in a vague

attempt at appearing humorous. Anyway , you might have sod all to do all day but I DO have things to do.

Bye..

DF.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Ok.. So what did WR. mean by Mummy's Boy.. ?

When I saw it I assumed it meant don't bother applying if you're a bit of a Little Lord Fauntleroy, scared of getting your hands dirty sort of thing. Surely if looking for homophobia "No drama queens" sails closer to the wind - not that I believe there was any homophobic intent anywhere in that poster. I thought it was pretty unfunny and were I looking for a butcher's job I'd think twice about applying for an employer who thought that ad appropriate, but homphobia, can't see it.

DulwichFox Wrote:

Anyway , you might

> have sod all to do all day but I DO have things to

> do.

Indeed, I'm busy funding the state pensions of retired failed shop owners.

So have a drink 'on me' this bank holiday.

*Bob* Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> Anyway , you might

> > have sod all to do all day but I DO have things

> to

> > do.

>

>

> Indeed, I'm busy funding the state pensions of

> retired failed shop owners.

>

>

> So have a drink 'on me' this bank holiday.

My Pension is funded by 40 years of working in Telecoms..

B.T. Cable & wireless. Nortel Networks and Vodaphone..

I was never a 'Failed' shop owner.. The secret of any business in knowing when to get out.

I had 26 years with B.T.

I was headhunted and got 14 years back in Telecoms as a result of one phone call.

So .. Buy yourself a drink.. But drink responsibly.

DF.

P.S. I am not old enough to get my State Pension.. I retired at 56..

Who needs money..

*Bob* Wrote:

> Wow - you have had so many 'proper jobs'.

>

> Now I totally understand your earlier twattish

> condescension, which was rightly justified.

Like I said . BT for 26 years ..Vol. Redundancy

Then Mercury taken over by Cable & wireless taken over by Nortel Networks (took Vol. redundancy)

So I did the one job for 14 years sitting in the same seat working for all these companies.

Never actually worked for Vodaphone .. They just pay my pension..

I have a very good business head. :)

Foxy.

*Bob* Wrote:

---------------------------------------------

> Indeed, I'm busy funding the state pensions > of retired failed shop owners. So have a > > drink 'on me' this bank holiday.

Just when the collective consciousness of common sense thought all was lost...this poster gives us a reason to hang into this forum a little while longer...albeit by the fingertips.