Dodgy recommendations

Azira

A lady by the handle of Anja Malik has been recommending Luke Kesson here (also going by the trade name of Proscapes and Project Scapes), both publically and by sending private messages to people. It would appear that "she" isn't as impartial as she appears:

messageRe: Recommend your Gardener pls new

Posted by AnjaMalik March 27, 01:37PM

Try Luke 07943180824 [email protected] very hard-working, Polite & knowledgeable.

Anja x

messageRe: Playstation 4 with top 3 games ?180 ASAP new

Posted by AnjaMalik March 05, 08:53AM

I buy call 07943180824

(Edited to add full business details)

Oh look. Anya has exactly the same syntax and makes the same recommendations as Luke's other big fan on the forum too:

Posted by AnjaMalik March 12, 11:35PM

www.elitelondonbuilders.com great job fair price .. leslie weeks is the guy in charge great company

messageRe: Loft Conversion Recommendations new

Posted by Sam Perry May 23, 01:53PM

Try Les Weeks .. Hardworking been in the building game a long time lots of god feedback also

And Anya and Sam have the same syntax, recommendations and vocab as Luke's third main supporter:

messageRe: Loft extensions - seeking views on a few companies

Posted by FredrickGiiles February 28, 01:10PM

Elite London Builders

Leslie Weeks

[www.elitelondonbuilders.co.uk]

Telephone : 07961090265

Great Work for Fair Prices

Sniffing out fake recommendations is a bit of a sport around here. Much fun can be had.

Having said that, AnjaMalik only said he was "very hard-working, Polite & knowledgeable". Which she probably actually does think.

I have reported it Sue. Now I'm pointing it out to the wider public in case someone else gets conned in the interim. Given that you were interested enough to click on the thread, what is your objection?

Azira Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have reported it Sue. Now I'm pointing it out

> to the wider public in case someone else gets

> conned in the interim. Given that you were

> interested enough to click on the thread, what is

> your objection?

I've got no objection. I just wondered why you hadn't reported it to admin. You didn't say in your original two posts that you had.

If you have, then fine. They can investigate and remove any dodgy posts.

Yeah but dodgy recommendations tend to reappear with different 'edfers' recommending them. so public is best. i've reported quite a few to admin and noticed nothing been done as don't think they have time to investigate always.

Indeed. I'm aware of how modded boards work, but in any event I don't see what would be inappropriate to draw this to the attention of board participants in any case, or why its necessary to explain whether I've reported it.

If someone else had done the same a little earlier, I know of at least one person who wouldn't be out of pocket from someone who has manipulated the board. He's clearly got form for this too as he's banned from other trader sites and has taken down a Facebook page when negative reviews appeared.