Poor Standard of Dulwich Tradesmen!!

RPK073

Having read a number of posts on here recommending a number of tradesmen I am beginning to wonder how much of them or actually written themselves! I have had constant problems with unreliable and quite frankly poor tradesmen off here since starting work on my property last November! Having made the decision to get my bathroom done up I made the huge mistake of employing one guy - Andy - who made a complete mess then tried to charge me. I thought it was all resolved when I found someone to come and sort out the mess left - for which i doubt there will be enough characters in this box to go through - via a couple of poor decorators after whom I had to tidy up the mess they had left only to then find out I had a leak in the bathroom directly under the bath. despite fixing the leak the last guy has left the place half done (yes I paid him!) so 7 months on I still don't have a nice finished bathroom which has cost me a small fortune.

To top it off I have a leak in my cellar which has STILL to be resolved despite said plumber taking a call out fee and promising to fix it meaning I have a cellar full of sludge and stench.

Could be just bad luck but having lived in Dulwich for 15 years I am hugely disappointed with the poor quality on here. If anyone therefore knows a RELIABLE reasonable plumber who will actually help change a stopcock and sort out the crap the last guy left behind it would be much much appreciated...

RPK072

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't given Andys surname because I chose not to name him in full. Why does this upset you? Clearly you have far too much time on your hands with responses like that. Maybe you could take up handywork...

RPK073 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I haven't given Andys surname because I chose not

> to name him in full. Why does this upset you?

> Clearly you have far too much time on your hands

> with responses like that. Maybe you could take up

> handywork...

As already pointed out by more than one person on another similar thread you started, there is little point in slagging off a tradesman when you name him only as Andy, thus throwing suspicion on every competent tradesman in the area also called Andy.

If you don't want to give his full name (why?) why name him at all?

It "upsets" me because I have had several incompetent tradespeople work on my house, causing me considerable stress and financial loss, and I would like to avoid employing another one.

You seem to have a lot more time on your hands than me as you have started more than one thread on the exact same topic.

Apart from this one, there appear to be:

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1623136,1623136#msg-1623136

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1691727,1691727#msg-1691727

Have you tried John Powers? He's got lots of boiler recommendations on the edf. He's moved and replaced our boiler and also replaced/moved radiators for us. I know he does bathrooms as we're thinking of replacing ours soon, so I double checked with him.

He's def worth pursuing as the standard of work has been outstanding.

His number is 07977 909339

Actually Sue I am working long hours and have little time which is why I have been trying to find someone to help. I don't understand why it's necessary to send responses like that as it helps no one. If you have had similar experiences I would have thought you would want these experiences highlighted rather than brushed under the carpet. I too have wasted a lot of money on these people so if anyone wants to find out who I have been using they can pm me; in not here to punctually humiliate anyone

• 4 weeks later...