Michael Coley Garden Design

I'd like to post a recommendation for Michael Coley Garden Design. Our garden was trashed after building work and we needed some professional help to start all over again. Mike caught my eye as having been shortlisted for the "RHS Young Garden Designer of the Year 2016" award. We thought as a young, local, business, we'd give him a crack at it. Given our tight budget, Mike produced a contemporary layout that we can expand and build on over the next few years as well as suggest suitable plants. It was just the job and we are very pleased. He was flexible, accommodating and full of good ideas.

Thanks so much!!

If anyones interested theres a little about how I came to the world of garden design on my website www.michaelcoley.co.uk along with all my contact details.

I'm keen to take on new projects big and small whether thats planting design, specific plant selection or full design builds. I pride myself on listening to a client and interpreting there needs into something new and interesting. So please do give me a call and I'd be happy to come take a look at potential projects.

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, Mike has transformed our garden too, so we now have a beautiful space to enjoy the outdoors. His approach provides a perfect combination of knowledge of plants and gardening, artistic sensibility, and rigorous attention to detail (eg CAD drawings of the garden ... wow!). He took on board everything we said and then turned it into something much better than we could have conceived. He also oversaw the work and ensured that the plans were realised. Thank you Mike!

• 2 months later...
We're really pleased with Mike's work on our garden, turning it from (literally) a pile of dirt into exactly what we wanted. Mike's high standards (CAD drawings etc) & very regular contact with us made the whole process go very smoothly indeed. If we ever need another task undertaken he'll be our first choice. We definitely recommend him.

Thanks so much loved putting the planting design together!!!

Can I just take this opportunity to do a little shameless self promotion.

Just a little reminder to everyone that we're coming into bulb season I know that the summer is still firmly in peoples minds but it's time to start thinking about the spring. So think daffodils and tulips!!!!

Now as the title of this thread suggests I am a garden designer and as such I design gardens all year round. As we're coming to the end of the growing year when it gets a little colder and darker people tend to forget about their gardens until next spring. But the process of getting your garden designed and built takes several months from conception to realisation. So I'll let you in on a little secret, now is the time to get your garden designed !!!! Spend the cold winter months thinking about how wonderful you're new garden is going to look then ready to start work early next year, finished in time to enjoy a full spring and summer in the garden. Just something to consider.

Thanks,

Mike

• 1 month later...
I found Mike on this forum and like the original poster, I was intially drawn by his having been shortlisted for RSH Young Garden Designer of the Year 2016 and I wanted to give an opportunity to someone starting out and trying to build up his business. My new garden is now finished and I'm delighted with it. From our initial meeting and all through the process I found Mike very easy to deal with. He listened to what I wanted and gave me a fantastic design that reflects the style of my house and in particular my kitchen which leads directly into the garden through bifolding doors. He oversaw all the work and did the planting himself at the end. My garden is now totally transformed and looks so much bigger as well. Can't wait for the spring now so I can enjoy it properly.

• 1 month later...

Happy new year everyone!!

2016 turned out to be a great year, thanks you to all my great clients who allowed me into there gardens. We managed to really transform and create some amazing spaces to be enjoyed for years to come. I can't wait to go back and see how there doing this year.

2017 is already looking like it's going to be even better. I'm always looking for new and exciting projects so if you're into beautiful spaces and brilliant design please don't hesitate to get in touch.

All the best,

Mike Coley

[email protected]

www.michaelcoley.co.uk

• 3 months later...

We have recently completed our garden project with Mike after seeing him recommended on this thread.

Mike bought bags of enthusiasm and creativity to our project. Mike listened to our requirements and worked with the architecture of our new build which was a key requirement for us. He pushed us (in a good way) during the design process and we've ended up with a scheme that we are really happy with. We've had lots of positive comments from family and friends.

When the tenders came back over budget Mike came up with ideas to get us back to a spend that we were happy with. During the construction Mike was on site regularly to check up on the progress of the landscapers and rolled up his sleeves to do the planting and help with all the finishing touches.

We'd happily recommend Mike to other members of the forum.

• 6 months later...

We absolutely loved working with Mike. The whole process from beginning to end was so smooth and straightforward. We had never had our garden done before so we didn?t know what to expect. Mike was super creative, and listened to our ideas and what we wanted the space for. He was patient in helping us find the right design and happy to go back and change things as we moved forward. He was very positive and enthusiastic all the way through. You can see his passion for his work.

Mike also recommended his trusty landscaper guys, who were also absolutely wonderful. They worked extremely hard and were incredible at making Mike?s plans come to life. They did a fantastic job and we are so thrilled we our end result.

Mike kept popping to see the progress of the work, he kept in touch with us and the landscaping guys and it all worked pretty smoothly. He came back at the end of the project and helped us put out plants in which was really fun and the best way to end the project. We loved working with Mike and would highly recommend him.

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to put a little update on here. It's been a great year with some exciting projects completed including my first show garden for Macmillan cancer support at Chatsworth flower show which was a great success. I came away with a silver gilt medal so am now a 'award winning' garden designer.

I'm currently taking enquiries for the the coming months so if your thinking about getting your garden done then please do get in touch.

Thanks,

Mike