Picture framers - recommendations and advice wanted

Minitoots

I need to get a large mixed media/watercolour painting professionally framed framed before 20th August and would like to go to a framer who can help advise on the best type of frame for it - any artists or art collectors out there who can recommend the best local framers? thanks.

This is the painting - http://www.nationalopenart.org/gallery2.php?as=1&Aurelia-s-Dress-17624

We didn't have a good experience with John Hawkins Picture Framers. 2 prints dropped in to be framed over a year ago. One we have back the other has gone AWOL. Been in half a dozen times to collect but always told its in the workshop etc etc. Have used them numerous times in the past but wouldn't return as still haven't got my historical map of Nunhead back.

• 8 months later...

After checking out all the recommendations from my post back in the summer, I had the 2nd painting framed by David Mitchell framing 28 Loampit Hill SE13 7SW Phone: 020 8469 0078

Hours: (closed wednesdays and sundays?- all other days open 9am?5pm and they are a lot cheaper and quicker (1 week turnaround) than all the local framers so definitely worth a look if anyone else needs something framed.

Phone: 020 8469 0078

charliebubs Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you don't mind a short drive, I'd recommend

> David Mitchell framing on the way to Lewisham

> (Loampit Hill SE13). I have used them a couple of

> times following a recommendation on here, and

> found them good value, good quality & good

> service.