Avoid Crystal Nails, Melbourne Grove

Leyla

Usually go to @999, but the lady I see regularly was away. Went to Crystal Nails instead, for an infill, and the guy nearly lobbed off the tip of my thumb with the drill. Massively painful and bloody. He didn't offer an apology, but kept repeating that it wasn't his fault, while the female member of staff lounged on the massage chair and barely looked up from her phone. Gross.

• 6 months later...
Just had the worst Shellac pedicure at Crystal Nails on Melbourne Grove. It was done in 20 minutes. The girl was so rough that I actually yelped in pain and had to ask her to be careful. She filed my toe because she was talking and not looking at what she was doing. No apology, no sympathy and just really rough and rude. Then it cost me ?40 for the pleasure which is the same it would cost anywhere else for a relaxing and pleasant experience. This was the least relaxing thing I have done in 2017/2016 and I had to pay for the pain.

I would totally agree with avoiding crystal nails! I went there to have SNS done and it was just awful! They cracked the same day and when I went back to get it fixed he just put another layer on top which looked ridiculous, charged me ?35, my three year old daughter could have done a better job!!

• 1 month later...

Echo the most awful experience EVER. So impersonal, almost rude. What an idiot. Pressured into if I wanted a manicure for an extra ?5. (but after wiping a scrub on my hands, then telling me to go and wash my hands at the sink, he dried them, put moisturiser on and said: All done!

I'm used to 999 nails (which are FAB!) but had to default to Melbourne Grove as I had to be there for 30 minutes and thought I would give them a try. What a disgrace. will NEVER will go back. Poor service, poor quality and just not worth a single penny!

Ladies go to the friendly '999 Nails - near GG playground - anytime!

• 1 month later...

Hi ladies. Been told about this thread by a few of my clients. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a mobile nail technician and I work in and around east Dulwich. I have a thread on here too which has a few reviews. I come to you and have evening and weekend apps available using top quality CND products.

www.emmarobynnails.com