Best internet providers??

EvaMa

Hi everybody,

We are based at SE23 and using BT as an internet provider and already raised a complaint with them. The wifi constantly goes on and off and we have to keep restarting the router many times a day.

What other providers would you recommend in the area?

Thanks for help.

E.

I'm in SE22 but very close to SE23 - we have BT Infinity and for us it has been a rock solid service - we had a 2 hour network down last year but that's pretty much been it. Is there any chance that a neighbour has their wireless system on the same channel as you? What you describe could be a symptom of clashing wireless channels. Our BT router has a "select the best channel" option which we run occasionally. Apologies if you've already done all of this and it is a BT problem, but I thought I would mention just in case.

I've used Talktalk for years. Customer service is mediocre - terrible but the service is generally good (so don't have to contact them) and good value, certainly compared to BT or Sky. I've heard good things about Plusnet, if you just want broadband i.e not bothered about TV offerings etc.

I'm on BT infinity near ED station and it's great. Not a single problem.

Where you live is an important factor in the quality of your internet as well. Generally, the closer you are to a cabinet and phone exchange the better.

Might be worth checking what your neighbours are using or just keep switching providers until you find a good one.

Raised by Bears Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> have to restart SO many times a day

Frequent router restarts - in my experience - aren't related to service reliability, it's just because the router (or "super hub", or whatever they like to call it) keeps crapping out. I upgraded to a better quality router, and now I never have to restart at all. Worth bearing in mind... although of course, it shouldn't be necessary.

As others have said it sounds like the problem may be with your wifi, not your provider who gets the internet as far as the router (as it were). Have you got the latest router (home hub) from BT?

We're on BT Infinity and it's essentially solid since we moved in 8 years ago, occasionally upstairs in the house other people's wifi gets in the way but that's not BT's fault.