Structural engineer recommendation?

Csoo

Hi,

I am looking to redo my kitchen which will require removing a chimney breast.

Can anyone recommend one that is reasonably priced and reliable?

Appreciate if you can let me know if the recommended person has done work for you or how you came to know of the person

Many thanks

CSoo

Hi I'm a fully coded welder, able to fabricate any type of st/work on site, I can order steel to be delivered to site and manufacture to drawings, and install. Saving using a fabrication company, sorry I'm not a structural engineer, but after you've found one , I can make an install your required St/Wk. James 07583040223

• 4 weeks later...

Hi CSoo,

I would recommend Adrian Ayora for a structural engineer - he's very recently helped me out with structural engineer drawings for building regs, drains, calcs, design of beams/foundations including a report etc for a complete renovation of the downstairs of my property (which is still ongoing till Christmas). We were in a bit of a hurry due to my first baby due to arrive on new years' day. I am project managing the whole thing and am new to all of this so as you can imaging all of these regulations are a bit baffling. Adrian was super quick to come round to do a site visit, completely clear over the phone before hand of his expected costs once he had had a look at the drawings I emailed. He was really diligent when he came round as he needed to work out how the structure currently worked as the house is 1960's ex council so not your normal victorian construction. I also had to put him on a really tight timescale for the documents as I was awaiting an extra layer of council approval to make alterations to an ex-council property and I was running out of time to start the 10 week project before baby arrived - he got everything to me super quick which was a great relief. My surveyor who was covering the party wall side of things said he was very thorough too (I am no expert but this was very reassuring!) and also said his rates were very fair.

Would definitely recommend Adrian for any small to large job, he's been great to deal with especially under all that pressure I put on him! I've copied his details below from his signature... I might also post a recommendation separately for him on here as I struggled to find anyone when I searched the EDF...

Adrian Ayora

Chartered Structural Engineer

BEng CEng MIStructE

Director

Cupola Design Ltd

2nd Floor, 4 Gleneldon Road, London, SW16 2AY

Mob: 07791247361

Tel: 02087692185

www.cupoladesign.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vilma,

For the party wall surveyor I used a really great guy called Tom Gotelee from Gazelle London. He's a chartered building surveyor and RICS member and works on commercial as well as residential projects. Think the company he works at do the whole process - design and project manage extensions/loft conversions/refurbs. I only found him when I had to do the party wall side of things but would have involved them more in the process if I had known about them earlier - even on a relatively simple extension and refurb it can be quite time consuming if you have to do it all yourself like I have - steep learning curve so I wish I had had an expert advising earlier on in the process.

Good luck with your project whatever it might be!

Tom is on [email protected]

Tess