neighbourhood vets

Dee Dee

I have just recently visited The Neighbourhood vet on Barry road.

I took my old 17 year old cat for the first time and I was so pleased with

the care that was given by Rory the vet. I normally get very stressed as she

is not the friendliest patient, however we have never before seen such a friendly

caring professional. The reception staff all very friendly too. So pleased

I made the change from previous vet, can thoroughly recommend.

As i have said before in previous posts ,the neighbourhood vets are far the best veterinary surgery in dulwich that you could wish for . I would not take my cat any where else after experiencing very poor treatment from another vets in the same area.

I'm glad to hear there are good local vets - it's a bit late for our little kitty. I had taken her to Brockwell Vets and it was like going to hell.

I rescued her from them and she spent her last days in peace in the wonderful vet in Streatham.

Brockwell were just awful. They tried to give her medicing orally, when she couldn't take it and didn't consider intravenous. They housed her in a room with a terrifying dog who barked and howled all day - she was in shock.

I could go on.

My old boy spent quite a few overnights there, so I have a feeling you may be mistaken on that.

taper Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They are good. Only issue I have with them is

> they have no facility to give your pet overnight

> care if it needs It. I hear they're expanding, so

> perhaps the'll offer this in future.

cactus Wrote:

> Recently took our cat for her yearly health check,

> including worming, flea treatment and jabs - which

> had lapsed so had to restart, cost around ?100.

Lapsed? They saw you coming. Yearly jabs not necessary.

Phlox Wrote:

> Also, don't buy Lily's Kitchen pet food from

> there. The mark-up is obscene.

To be fair, you'd be crazy to buy pet food from any vet due to their mark ups. Same goes for flea drops and worming pills. Last time I bought flea drops for the cats online, they were a third of the price at the vet.

• 2 weeks later...
They are fantastic - re overnight care they do have the facilities, but as taper says there just isn't a nurse or vet present to handle any over night deteriorations. We had to transfer our little kitty to the closest emergency/overnight clinic from TNV to the clinic in Sloane Square just before her end - the Neighbourhood vets were like none i've dealt with before though, fantastic.

Phlox, I do wonder about the yearly jabs thing and how necessary they are.

With a previous cat I didn't bother for years, all fine until he got hideous cat flu and nearly died, so I feel that I shouldn't take chances with my son's beloved Battersea rescue cat!

I used to buy flea treatment online, but it really doesn't work anymore, so I gave in and went to the vet.

I really haven't found Neighbourhood Vets at all pushy though, all of the staff there are really lovely.

My parents are farmers, so I also have access to all kinds of antibiotics, which can save a fortune in vets fees if the cat has an infected bite or abscess.