Free private yoga classes for a month - new teacher seeks new student

MarthaHenson

I'm looking for a guinea pig! I've just completed a 200 hours yoga teacher training course after many years of my own practice and would like to start using what I've learned. I'm hoping to find someone who is either a complete beginner in yoga or has done very little, but would like to learn or is perhaps just curious about what yoga could do for them. Maybe you fear that you won't be "good" at yoga and have put off joining a class, in which case, don't worry, yoga is for *everyone*, all abilities/bodies/levels of flexibility etc can get a lot out of it.

My own practice has shown me how beneficial yoga can be in so many ways, what freedom it can bring, I want to share that with others. But first I need to develop more as a teacher, and that's where I hope someone here can help. I'd be offering two free sessions a week for four weeks, at least initially at my home in East Dulwich. I can be quite flexible about timings, daytime or evening. In return for which you would be giving me a valuable opportunity to try out sequences, adjustments etc and feedback.

I teach an ashtanga based vinyasa flow form which can be modified for all abilities and includes meditation (don't worry if you're new to this, it's adaptable) and pranayama (breathing exercises).

If you're interested, send me a PM with a bit of background about yourself, if you've done any yoga before, and what you might be looking to get out of starting this course. Before we go into any actual classes we would arrange to meet at a cafe nearby to just both check that neither of us appears to be an axe murderer and that we think we'll get on as teacher and student. The only other requirement is that you are over 18 and aren't very allergic to cats, since I have one at home. Feel free to PM with questions too.

Hi Martahenson,

I would be very interested in being your guinea pig , i have always wished i had taken up yoga when i was younger , i am now 57 but quite fit i do Zumba and Belly dancing and some Boxfit and lots of gardening ,, but i always feel quite stiff so feel i would benefit from some yoga moves, but feel i would not keep up with a larger class.I once tried yoga but did not feel the teacher was able to correct my moves with so many people in the class.I would love to get more flexibility.

I am not allergic to cats i have two off my own,it would be great to meet you and prove i am not an axe murderer, i am a mobile hairdresser so used to going into strangers homes.

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind regards Dawn