Hairdressers next to Peckham rye station

Fox_tail

if there is already a thread for the please feel free to take this one down.

every single morning i walk to the station and find the street by the station full of hair and rubbish all over the place, its rank! it seems like at the end of the day they just sweep it out the door and shut up shop, maybe im being a bit of a moaning git but it just really grates on me! i spoke to the council worker who cleans up there during the week and he was saying he has go in to each of the shops to ask them about it and just gets laughed at, it just makes the place look like turd! surely something can be done? or am i just being a bit over the top?

Thats what i mean, its become a absolute joke! i lived round here years and always just tried to ignore it, but the other day i walked home with half a pony tail stuck to my shoe, it looked like i had stepped on steven seagals head! its just got to much now!

Fox_tail Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thats what i mean, its become a absolute joke! i

> lived round here years and always just tried to

> ignore it, but the other day i walked home with

> half a pony tail stuck to my shoe, it looked like

> i had stepped on steven seagals head! its just got

> to much now!

Haha! That last image tickled me.

I don't mind it at all. It's been like it forever, never got any worse and i genuinely feel it adds something. Peckham would be bloody awful if it was too sanitised.

Very minor inconvenience at worst.

Then, i've never walked half way home with a pony tail attached to my shoe- would probably chuckle to myself if i did.

fair point, im not massively kicking off about it, just rather not have my work shoes look like seagal at the back and snoop dog at the front, plus i was at dirty burger the other week and told a joke that didn't quite work...and a tumble-weave rolled past! ok guys i hear ya! i will try to chill....its still jank though!

I don't mind it at all. It's been like it forever, never got any worse and i genuinely feel it adds something.

So, it is ok for someone to litter and get someone else (probably not well paid at all and having to be out in all weathers working non-standard hours) to clean up after them?

At the least, it is disrespectful to others in the area. If it were near your own house you'd likely not get that lovely "cool/vibrant" feeling you love so much.

I still think it's an absolute disgrace. Some of the shops in Peckham treat the place like a cesspit and it shouldn't be allowed. I've made my views on this well known in the past. The council don't seem interested. I don't think it adds charm or anything along those lines to the neighbourhood, and those who think it makes it unique or interesting are fruitcakes. It makes it dirty, uninviting and disgusting to want to spend time in, for locals and visitors alike. I stopped shopping in Peckham years ago when all the decent shops upped sticks and went elsewhere and despite the odd visit back with all this promise of a resurgence in its fortunes, Rye Lane and most surrounding streets are not maintained and the smells are still way too pungent for my nose.

Louisa.

It would be a bit of a stretch to say that I "like" the hair and other rubbish, or that it "adds something" positive. But I tolerate it... it's not the worst thing ever. It doesn't bother me as much as dog shit, for example. Or the urine and broken glass which are now common on a Sunday morning.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It would be a bit of a stretch to say that I

> "like" the hair and other rubbish, or that it

> "adds something" positive. But I tolerate it...

> it's not the worst thing ever. It doesn't bother

> me as much as dog shit, for example. Or the urine

> and broken glass which are now common on a Sunday

> morning.

Yeah - I agree - it's hardly an "absolute disgrace" or a "cesspit" is it?