Sash Windows with wood effect pvc?

poppet27

We would like to replace our thin, aluminium sashes from 1989 with something more thermally efficient.

I would love to be able to afford timber ones but at around ?2,000 a window it makes bays very expensive. We're thinking of authentic looking uPVC ones where they at least try to emulate the wood effect.

Would anyone have any recommendations? I had s quote from Bespoke but it was astronomical & I found the guy really pushy and salesy. Wondered if it's worth researching companies in the Kent area.

There's really nothing wrong with white PVC windows. They use them in most new buildings now.

I had mine done and like you had originally wanted wood but I am really happy with the PVC.

Draft proof, quite secure and no more painting. It needs to be done so often.

I got sash in the front and ordinary around the back.

I think most people who get the brown wood effect regret in in the end as it's so dark.

I love mine and recommend.

Can someone give me a rough idea on the cost on Pvc sash? I've had bespoke round but they've only measured up and said we've got to go into the showroom to see everything and then they'll give us a quote

We need teo bay windows plus one single I don't know if I'm looking at ?2k or ?10k!!

I used Scenic Glazing http://scenicglazing.com & have recommended them to several people who have been very happy with their work. I had a bay window replaced for about ?1,300 about 5 years ago. Prices can vary depending on glass & frame choices and size of windows. I didn't get quotes from any of the big companies as they always seem more expensive. From the quotes I did get Bespoke were the most expensive by far.