Double Glazing recommendation

Overhere

I would highly recommend Inter-house.co.uk. They did a door for us a few years ago, which was cheaper and better quality than the door we had done by another company. Just recently, they did the windows in bedroom. They were the cheapest quote but the quality was excellent. Moreover, they were willing to remove the plantation shutters and put them back again, which was quite a fiddly job (the shutters company struggled when they put them in initially due to the dimensions and the fact that the house has tilted over the years). The finish was excellent, the fitters were on time and very clean. Highly recommended to give them a try.

I went with Pilkington laminated glass with one pane at 4mm and the other 6.4mm (apparently different thicknesses help with sound insulation), with the latter coated with a special laminate. Helps with the sound (though not quite as much as I thought with sound from passing cars; I suppose that comes in through the walls) and really helps with keeping the heat in.