The Flying Pig pub on East Dulwich road is now under new management

Hey Guys! so The Flying Pig pub on East Dulwich road is now under new management!

we have lots of changes planned for this great little pub and have already started to make a few.

we are going to be reducing the amount of bottle beers in the fridges (because, lets be honest, there are too many!)

we are going to be bringing LIVE MUSIC, PUB QUIZ, OPEN MIC and MORE back to the PIG!

our food menu is in the process of change too.

as some of you have noticed, we no longer do the BBQ night and BBQ food, which we apologise for but the signs outside will change soon to reflect that!

we have some great new additions to our menu at the moment too, including a range of beef and chicken burgers. new sides and starters.

another big change that is coming is, that we are FINALLY getting SKY SPORTS!!! we will have all the big games on from arsenal to Chelsea, we will be playing them ALL on out BIG SCREEN at the back! (installation date: TBC)

thanks for reading guys and we hope to see you in here soon ;)

managment

to: THE CAT... YES to deliveroo and YES to six nations ;)

to: BOBBSY... what do you mean its a shame we put a TV in? we have alway had TV since we had BT SPORT

to: TITCH JUCIY... the reason we stopped the BBQ is for the most simple reasn, we was not selling enough, but who knows... if we start getting busier then there is a possibilty that we can bring it back.

to: JEREMY... it is a shame that the BBQ has gone, as i used to love it myself but we did some reserch for the bbq and it wasnt selling as much as we hoped.

we hope that anwsers your questions for now guys :)

Pub Quizzes .. Kiss of death .. 20-30 people if you are lucky.. Nestling 1/2 pint of lager or lime & soda

then sodding off home at 9.30 when it finishes.

No music on .. everyone expected to keep quiet..

Real sign of a failing business. Regular drinkers will sod off somewhere else like the EDT who abandoned

Quizzes after it killed off trade on Quiz nights.

Burgers..? Sick of Burgers. When is someone going to be more imaginative.

Well at least with Burger .. no need to hire a Chef.

Live Music sounds Ok as long as it is not sodding Jazz.. which isn't propper music..Is it not ?? smiling smiley

Having said that, on the few occassions I have popped in it has been desserted.

Therefore looks like changes need to be made. Especially the decor.. It is depressing in there..

DulwichFox

The new menu is good. Seemed too Burger orientated before with not enough other options.

Not sure if live music or a pub quiz is a good idea.

Like the bottled beers but can see why you would reduce. Maybe you could do a tie-up with hop burns and black and sell some of their beers? They only have a couple of seats outside.

Would be good to see a session cask beer like Harvey's or Landlord on the bar. Need something that turns over fast so will always be in good condition.

Sports - I've been there for the 6 nations in the past a few times - the screen is good - but the sound from the speaker by the screen is absolutely awful, and is the reason we changed to a different venue for our 6 nations fix - you need a speaker upgrade - really good quality sound can make a big difference. thanks.

btw - If you are testing it when the pub is quiet it probably sounds ok, but you need to test it when the pub is busy/noisy, it needs to be clear to cut through the background noise.

Good luck.

I like the Flying Pig, but that big room at the back always seemed really weird and depressing and not somewhere I would want to sit.

Will you be doing anything to make that cosier?

And will you bring the board games back? We used to enjoy sitting on the sofa playing scrabble. Till the sofa disappeared. Unless I am confusing you with another pub who took away the sofa.

A juke box would be great if it's one like The Castle has.

I won't be coming in if there's a load of people watching sports on Sky though :( Unless it's Wimbledon :))