Year 6 SATS Support

betsyr

SATS tests are approaching! I'm going to be running SATS support classes every Saturday at 4:00 -5:30 pm for Year 6 children. They will start on 11 th March and run up until the week before the SATS.

The session will involve test practise,

coaching in exam technique and revision , as well as teaching and deepening the understanding of some of the more challenging areas assessed in SATS.

It will be a fun and interactive session where children will have the chance to model/ share strategies with peers and consolidate and extend learning.

My aim is to raise children's confidence around SATS papers so they aren't nervous and can perform at their best. I am very interested in the 'growth mindset ' approach to learning and teach in a way that reflects this.

Qualified for 14 years, my experience includes two years work in Year 6 for Amanda Philips, in a national teaching school and working in SATS intervention for the last 4 years. I am confident in preparing children for the national exams and am I'm currently employed in a local school to help prepare Year 6 children for their SATS.

Please pm me if you are interested and I can send details for references and copies of my qualifications.

I have limited spaces so will need people to book before.

Thank you.